Hacking [Help required] Loadiine GX2 games not showing up/How to use XCX gecko

Colubrim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I'm a beginner, and had to figure most of this stuff out on my own yesterday. On my SD card I have the ddd title dumper, the homebrew launcher, and loadiine gx2. I've managed to figure out how to dump the Xenoblade Chronicles X data files onto my computer, then back onto my SD card in a folder called "games" inside the root folder.

So my first problem is that although I have my game files arranged how the config file says it should be (sd/wiiu/games/Xenoblade Chronicles X/vol/...), when I launch Loadiine GX2, the game doesn't appear anywhere. This is what I'd like to know first, since I can't proceed to the next step without it.

As for my second problem, I've enabled PyGecko in Loadiine gx2, but to get XCX gecko to work you supposedly need some special software (I don't know what software to use for this) where you host your own server on your computer and all that stuff... And honestly I'm just lost. I haven't been able to find any other threads with detailed, step-by-step instructions that are comprehensible to me. So if anyone would be willing to help out, I'd be really grateful.

Also, I'm running firmware version 5.5.1.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

You don't have to "figure it out alone" as everything is explained in Loadiine's thread, first post.
I wrote a full tutorial there, with a FAQ.
If the game doesn't appear, it's because you didn't add the TitleID.

wiiu/games/Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]/

You can enable gecko option in loadiine, but if you want to use the existing tool with graphical interface created specially for that game, loadiine GX2 will not work. (unless that tool has been updated, but even if it's updated the codes will not work as they weren't created for loadiine GX2)

Colubrim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

You don't have to "figure it out alone" as everything is explained in Loadiine's thread, first post.
I wrote a full tutorial there, with a FAQ.
If the game doesn't appear, it's because you didn't add the TitleID.

wiiu/games/Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]/
I see. Thank you.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh, and don't put the "vol" folder inside, put the code content and meta.

wiiu/games/Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]/code/
wiiu/games/Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]/content/
wiiu/games/Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]/meta/

Colubrim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, and don't put the "vol" folder inside, put the code content and meta.

wiiu/games/Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]/code/
wiiu/games/Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]/content/
wiiu/games/Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]/meta/
Mine doesn't seem to have a meta folder. Only code, content, and saves... How do I get it?

Maxx0911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got a question. If you want to play Cod Ghosts the correct folder name would be 'Call of Duty: Ghosts', the problem is that you can't type a colon for folder names. How do i get around this? Do i just not type the colon?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
first, why would you want to play that game with loadiine (which is an old and deprecated method) instead of using the new install method ? some games are slow, or don't even work.
second, loadiine doesn't have network access, you'll play call of duty offline, you know that, right?
and third, the name of the folder has no relation to the game itself. it's the game's title used inside loadiine's interface.

So, if you really want to use loadiine instead of installing the game to the console or HDD, you can call it "COD Ghosts" if you like !
or CODG or Call of duty Ghosts or super baddass game
so yes, just remove the colon from the folder.

/wiiu/games/whatever you want [Correct game ID]/

Last edited by Cyan,

Maxx0911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The t
first, why would you want to play that game with loadiine (which is an old and deprecated method) instead of using the new install method ? some games are slow, or don't even work.
second, loadiine doesn't have network access, you'll play call of duty offline, you know that, right?
and third, the name of the folder has no relation to the game itself. it's the game's title used inside loadiine's interface.

So, if you really want to use loadiine instead of installing the game to the console or HDD, you can call it "COD Ghosts" if you like !
or CODG or Call of duty Ghosts or super baddass game
so yes, just remove the colon from the folder.

/wiiu/games/whatever you want [Correct game ID]/
Yup, at the moment I just want to play the campaign. I called the folder 'Call of Duty Ghosts [ACPE51]' but loadiine won't recognize it. I double and triple checked the game ID and it's correct.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I checked the wiki compatibility list, and that game is marked as working.
It was tested on "loadiine 4.0" and not GX (which is newer).
Maybe the newer version doesn't work. It's rare but possible.

Also, it's possible the game is very very slow to load.
for example, Zelda breath of the wild takes 15-20min to start! it's stuck on a white screen while loading, and you have plenty of time to think it's not working. but it works, it's just very slow.

I can't tell you if call of duty has this problem, but the comment on the compatibility list suggest it. ("japanese version is slow but works after 5 mins")

your problem is inside loadiine?
could you show or tell the full path up to the files?

it should be :
SD:/wiiu/games/Call of Duty Ghosts [ACPE51]/ inside this folder you need 3 other folders : code, content, and meta.
did you dump the game yourself (with "ddd" homebrew), or did you get the game from nintendo's servers yourself (JNUStool, or any other tools), or did you download the game from someplace you shouldn't (piracy)?
just to know where and how you got it, maybe it's missing some files.
did you compare the size with the value on the wiki ?
RPX 4 672
RPL 12 163 482
full game 15.7 GB

Maxx0911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I checked the wiki compatibility list, and that game is marked as working.
It was tested on "loadiine 4.0" and not GX (which is newer).
Maybe the newer version doesn't work. It's rare but possible.

Also, it's possible the game is very very slow to load.
for example, Zelda breath of the wild takes 15-20min to start! it's stuck on a white screen while loading, and you have plenty of time to think it's not working. but it works, it's just very slow.

I can't tell you if call of duty has this problem, but the comment on the compatibility list suggest it. ("japanese version is slow but works after 5 mins")

your problem is inside loadiine?
could you show or tell the full path up to the files?

it should be :
SD:/wiiu/games/Call of Duty Ghosts [ACPE51]/ inside this folder you need 3 other folders : code, content, and meta.
did you dump the game yourself (with "ddd" homebrew), or did you get the game from nintendo's servers yourself (JNUStool, or any other tools), or did you download the game from someplace you shouldn't (piracy)?
just to know where and how you got it, maybe it's missing some files.
did you compare the size with the value on the wiki ?
RPX 4 672
RPL 12 163 482
full game 15.7 GB
I got the game from a site I shouldn't name as a .wud file, it was about 24GB, then I decrypted it using u wizard and now it's 15.7GB so it should be fine.
My file structure is:
D:/games/COD Ghosts [ACPE52]/code
D:/games/COD Ghosts [ACPE52]/content
D:/games/COD Ghosts [ACPE52]/meta
I dunno if i had to do anything with the files in the 'system' folder but i didn't. I've got loadiine gx and the game does not show up...
Also when I said the game ID was ACPE51 that was just a typo in this thread, don't worry about it

Last edited by Maxx0911,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I found your problem !
(you should find it too, by looking at my post and yours, and compare the path).

D:/games/ <--- place gamecube ISO here
D:/wiiu/games/ <--- place WiiU games here

Maxx0911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found your problem !
(you should find it too, by looking at my post and yours, and compare the path).

D:/games/ <--- place gamecube ISO here
D:/wiiu/games/ <--- place WiiU games here
Oooh I see. Man, sometimes i'm just blind. Thanks man, appreciate the help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2