[Help required] Is there a way to downgrade firmware?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Colubrim, May 15, 2016.

1. Colubrim
    OP

Colubrim Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2016
    United States
    I'd like to install some hacks for Xenoblade Chronicles X, however I'm new to console modding and I also read that one can only install the Xenoblade Chronicles X hacks if they have the Wii U firmware version 5.3.2, but I have 5.5.1 installed.

So if anyone here is willing to help out a newbie, I'd like to know how to downgrade my firmware (if possible), and then how to get started with this whole hacking thing.

2. Whovian NineThreeSixNine

Whovian NineThreeSixNine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    United States
    Not possible as of yet, if my memory is correct.

3. darklordrs

darklordrs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    What is there on 5.3.2 that doesn't work above? SDCafiine for mods works peachy.

4. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    You can't downgrade firmware, however most of the 5.3.2 stuff should work on 5.5.1 now. It was only fixed for 5.5 recently so most threads haven't been updated.

5. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    You could probably do it if you had dumped your NAND via hardmod before. But this is very risky. Some people got their Wii Us bricked

6. Colubrim
    OP

Colubrim Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2016
    United States
    Based on what I've read, the mods for Xenoblade Chronicles X haven't been updated to function on the latest firmware version. Then again, that information isn't recent, so that could have changed now.

scognito likes this.
  7. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    What mods? The undub? The XCXGecko? All works fine with me...

8. Colubrim
    OP

Colubrim Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2016
    United States
    Really? Well that's great, but like I mentioned I haven't tampered with a single console in my life (I know how to install mods for most PC games but that's pretty much the full extent of my skills). So where exactly do I get started? I want to make sure I know what I'm doing, since there's not much you can do after your console is bricked.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh, thank god. Well, now I just need to figure out how install those... Do you have any links to a thread/tutorial that explains how install them in a way that a complete newbie could understand?

9. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Omegadrien likes this.