ROM Hack Help rebuilding .3ds of a Level-5 game?

Yak0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there, this is the first time I really use this site so excuse me if it's written in a weird and unstructured manner or something...
I was feeling bored so I decided to play some games on my old 3DS and as a big Level-5 fan I played some of their games, including Yo-Kai Watch, including some of the untranslated games.
I thought that maybe I could try translating one of those japan-only games, because...well why not. But looking online how that works made me realize that Level-5 games are apparently a little difficult to work with.
But I still managed to do it, somehow. With "3DS Rom Tools" I managed to get the romfs (and exefs/exheader). So I edited some things (the yw_a.fa file), felt rather proud and decided to test it.
And then the issues started appearing...:unsure:
I tried multiple things but I don't seem to be able to rebuild a working .3ds file.

1. Try I downloaded the RomFS Builder and tried building the romfs into one file. Then I used the HackingToolkit V9 to extract the other files from the .3ds file like the Header, banner and such. I noticed that the file from the RomFS Builder wasnt a .bin file it was...just a file. Slightly confused I made it into a .bin file, put the file with the other files I extracted from the 3ds file and used the HackingToolkit to rebuild them all into one new .3ds file. I started Citra and...loading it crashes Citra.
2. Try I used the 3DSBuilder that was in the ExtraTools folder. Selected the RomFS folder, the ExeFS folder and the ExHeader. I didnt know the Serial Number, so I just put whatever in... And well, to nobodies surprise the file that got made didn't work either.

So here I am, a little hopeless. I'm pretty sure I did something wrong, because I tried extracting the romfs and such and instantly rebuilding, just with the original files, and that didn't work either.
I never did something like this so...I hope someone here can help me! :wacko::(

Reactions: florflor

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What game are you working on? I'm asking because the game could be already being worked on by people here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end