Hacking HELP! Re-install photo channel

wii_freak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accidentally uninstalled my photo channel while testing the WADS listed in my last post:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=899...p;#entry1201709

Would it be possible to recover it by doing an system update or downgrade using a wad extacted from a game disc in WADmanager? If not, are there any other ways of getting the chan back? Or would someone be nice enough to rip & release the jap ver or region free the US one?

Thanks in advance.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Download the 1.1 version form wii shop. But I don't know that 1.1 version is only a patch to 1.0 or it's actual channel.

And if that not helps..........you must wait when someone will make a wad of it for you. Maybe I will do it. Uh...no. I have PAL wii....

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Sir-Fritz said:
He may not want 1.1 though as he might use the mp3 codec functionality.
Hm, that made me think... will the newer model Wiis (they have 1.1 without the MP3 functionality) can run 1.0 replacing the 1.1 if installed from WAD?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
SkH said:
Sir-Fritz said:
He may not want 1.1 though as he might use the mp3 codec functionality.
Hm, that made me think... will the newer model Wiis (they have 1.1 without the MP3 functionality) can run 1.0 replacing the 1.1 if installed from WAD?
I don't see why not, unless something like IOS is blocking it, but I think its not. Well, someone maybe should try it.

Yay I'm writing it from wii!

wii_freak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replys!

If anyone could help me get the photo chan back I would be soo greatful! I wont mind that if its v1.1, i just want it back in my precious wii cuz it just doesnt look the same.....

btw, I want to try find it in the wii shop, but i cant read jap
frown.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
IF you have the wii shop like that:
beztytuuww2.png

then select last icon with something like wii menu next to wiiware icon(this icon with squares on big 'round' square [grammar and sense blah]). Then search something with photo channel icon (with flower) and have 1.1 in its name. It is for free.

EDIT: I added a little help in understanding me. You should pick icon in red thingy

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
I uninstalled all the "garbage" channels yesterday(Photo 1.0 and 1.1, News, Forecast and others) and they all get deleted perfectly.
The only thing is that News and Forecast came back with a white banner, exactly the same you get when the Wii is new(the very first ones in 2006).

SoCalSRH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:
I uninstalled all the "garbage" channels yesterday(Photo 1.0 and 1.1, News, Forecast and others) and they all get deleted perfectly.
The only thing is that News and Forecast came back with a white banner, exactly the same you get when the Wii is new(the very first ones in 2006).

Last edited by SoCalSRH,

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, It tells me to update when I open the channels(News and Forecast), but everything else works fine.

I built a custom WAD(4KB one, because WADUninstaller/Manager only checks the ticket) with the ID changed and the route to the system channels(00010000XXXXXXXX). Normal channels(like VC or homebrew ones) are 00010001XXXXXXXX, where XX is the title ID.

pk!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
jayparadox said:
Yeah, It tells me to update when I open the channels(News and Forecast), but everything else works fine.

I built a custom WAD(4KB one, because WADUninstaller/Manager only checks the ticket) with the ID changed and the route to the system channels(00010000XXXXXXXX). Normal channels(like VC or homebrew ones) are 00010001XXXXXXXX, where XX is the title ID.
Jayparadox,
If you want remove completely Forecast and News Channels, you need to remove the channel:
*[HAFE][Forecast Channel] located on folder: 48414645
*[HAGE][News Channel] located on folder: 48414745

You already do this, but you need remove too:
*[HAFA][Forecast Channel Data] located on folder: 48414641
*[HAGA][News Channel Data] located on folder: 48414741

*I have named HAFA and HAGA as data, but i can't analyze for confirm this.
*When I uninstaled this parts ("data"), the channel do not appear again.
*And for last, I don't remember the root folder (000x000x)

I have upload this files in a famous "GC Tracker". This search " All Wii Channels + WAD Manager (NTSC-U) "

If you try reinstall, just install two parts and be happy!

wii_freak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tested it out & it is the full photo channel! *sigh of relief* There where also alot of other channels for free so....yes you guessed it.....I DLed them all & there is the jap vers. of nintendo chan (watched some free vids & a preview of mario sluggers), check mii out chan, everybody votes chan, 'some weird stamp thing chan', 'a chan that takes yoiu to the system menu?' Can confirm they all connect to the net & work.

hope we all learn from my accidental mistake......add it to the HomeBrew knowledge base my friends

thanks again you guys & kudos to ya!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1