HELP R4i stuck at startup screen after updating to 1.60

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GoldenSun3DS, Jun 17, 2013.

1. GoldenSun3DS
    OP

GoldenSun3DS GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    I updated my firmware to the newest firmware and started my R4i, then started the flashcard.
    It's been stuck at the "r4ids.c startup" screen for 10 or 15 minutes.
    Is this normal?
    Would it risk bricking if I restart my 3DS now?

It turned out I messed up the Wood files on my SD and now my R4i wors perfectly on 6.0.0-11U after updating it.

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    This is a contact issue with either the 3DS slot or with the microSD slot on the flashcart. Normal?, this is called wear and tear, it happens over time.

Yes it is safe to restart your 3DS.

3. GoldenSun3DS
    OP

Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    Except I got my R4i about a month ago, so it can't be normal wear and tear. Also I just tested my DKCR3D in my 3DS and played the last level of the secret world, so the cartridge slot is fine. And the only times I ever swapped the SD out was to add new roms or homebrew. Only after I put the new firmware on the SD did it start acting up. I restored the original R4i firmware (that came with it when I bought it), but it still doesn't work :(

When I restored the original firmware, I only restored parts of it and that's why it didn't work.
    I fixed it and it works perfectly now.

4. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    No, I have gotten flashcarts with do that in a DS and DSi even when they are perfectly fine.

Just eject the flashcart and put it back in.

5. GoldenSun3DS
    OP

Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    Well, reinserting it did not work. I contacted NDS-Card.com (the people I bought it from), and they're sending me a (free) brand new R4i Gold to replace it, they didn't even ask me to ship the broken one back :D

6. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    This... this gives me ideas...
    /evil_laugh