[help] r4i 3ds gold: DS says no game inserted

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by xiaonu, Oct 30, 2013.

1. xiaonu
    OP

xiaonu Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2013
    United States
    I last made a post about certain games not working. So I attempted to do a reformat on my SD card. Then reinstalling firmware and wood kernel from dsflashcart.com . After many reformats and retrying the same downloads from the official website r4ids.cn and dsflashcart, the specific games I wanted (Love plus and Kingdom hearts) still won't work. So I figured that reformatting didn't make any difference.. So I attempted to install the upgrade patch as mentioned in step 5+ in this website. I did this before with no problems (I don't have a 3ds but plan on buying one). I installed it as instructed. But I accidentally pressed A again after it finished and it started to upgrade again so I quickly shut it off. NOW I'm ready to break down to tears because the r4 card itself will not be recognized. The SD is fine. It works perfect on my boyfriend's r4i gold 3ds. It's definately a problem with my r4 card. Because I tried 2 SD cards on my r4 and it says on my DS "No game inserted". I tried it on another ds lite and the same deal. Ughhhhhhhhh. What did I screw up this time? I'm really frustrated... please help. Thank you.

2. superboy137

superboy137 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2013
    I think your R4 card might be damaged since you shut it off in the upgrading process :'(

3. xiaonu
    OP

xiaonu Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2013
    United States
    Yeah I just looked up about it on here , and tried many solutions. :c sigh. maybe its time to buy a new one I guess. It is a year old. Luckily all my games and save.dats are backed up.