ROM Hack [HELP] Problem editing Strings on code.bin

Headmasta001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Well i'm trying to edit name and text on a japanese game, i open the decompressed code with Hex workshop and found where the strings are in the editor, but if i edit the text directly like "
upload_2015-12-7_1-24-55.png
"(6byte) into " Madoka" (12byte) and save it again, can't make a working exefs with rom builder because the size of the file is bigger than the original file.
I try edit "
upload_2015-12-7_1-28-10.png
" into "mad" and the file can't be compressed again but works and the text
upload_2015-12-7_1-29-25.png
now is "mad".

the game is kunio kun special, all the series have the strings on code.bin file.

My question here is: What are posibilities to edit the japanese Unicode Text directly with the hex editor? But full text not only edit the limited bytes.
Some kind of method to extract the code.bin file find text and repack again the file?

Someone can write a tool to edit the text for this game?

Well that's all... thanks for the help.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Headmasta. Any luck or progress with the kunio series? Have u tried requesting help or additional translators/coders at the romhacking forum?

rd2k3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well i'm trying to edit name and text on a japanese game, i open the decompressed code with Hex workshop and found where the strings are in the editor, but if i edit the text directly like "View attachment 31632"(6byte) into " Madoka" (12byte) and save it again, can't make a working exefs with rom builder because the size of the file is bigger than the original file.
I try edit "View attachment 31635" into "mad" and the file can't be compressed again but works and the text View attachment 31636 now is "mad".

the game is kunio kun special, all the series have the strings on code.bin file.

My question here is: What are posibilities to edit the japanese Unicode Text directly with the hex editor? But full text not only edit the limited bytes.
Some kind of method to extract the code.bin file find text and repack again the file?

Someone can write a tool to edit the text for this game?

Well that's all... thanks for the help.

how we find a sequence in hex editor?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night