ROM Hack [Help][Pokemon X&Y] Shiny Lock Disable??? Anyone know?

llultimatumll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to disable to disable the shiny lock on pokemon X and Y for Xerneas and Ylvetal? If so can somone point me in the right direction? (I know there is powersaves and stuff but I want to hunt one ya know... for the funz) [Edit: new on the scene but I'm not much of a rom hacker, but if you could help me or even reply anything helpful at all, I'd be very thankful]

EDIT: Okay I am not talking about retail carts, talking about actual roms, I own a gateway, idk why people are giving me responses like use power-saves.

llultimatumll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so man. You can't disable it like that. You'd need a Power Save for that sort of thing.

Yeah a gateway w/ a rom. I know there has to be a way to edit the Hex files but I know nothing about that stuff.

Nobody is going to make a shiny lock disabler when it's easier to just hack your pokemon to be shiny.

:angry: I didn't ask for powersaves.

There has got to be somone out here is there? ;-;

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fine ill give a more detailed answer. No you cannot disable the shiny lock however you can extract your save by using a save tool like powersave,datel, or extracting your rom from a retail cart. Then edit the pokemon in PKHEX by marking it shiny the generating a new PID for that pokemon. Then you re-encrypt your save move it back into the rom and hope nobody saves a battle video of you using it. How does that sound?

llultimatumll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fine ill give a more detailed answer. No you cannot disable the shiny lock however you can extract your save by using a save tool like powersave,datel, or extracting your rom from a retail cart. Then edit the pokemon in PKHEX by marking it shiny the generating a new PID for that pokemon. Then you re-encrypt your save move it back into the rom and hope nobody saves a battle video of you using it. How does that sound?

Im not using a retail cart. *sigh i should probably put that up there so i don't get responses like this, I just assumed that people would be the wiser an know that I am talking about hacking rom's (not the retail carts) but no.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then use gateway to extract your rom then rip your save using your pc and edit it using PKHEX those are your only options

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
But we can't diable shiny lock in romhacking ?

you can.
AR codes is modify data on the fly on RAM. and also data on RAM is come from ROM. so you can change it permanently if you know what file is for. since on gen 6 games, name of cro files is not obfuscated, is seems easy to find what you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/