Homebrew [Help] Pokemon Bank access though HANS with updated NVer not Working

TheNerdWIzard

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to access my Pokemon Bank so I can check to see how many days are left on my subscription. I went though the steps to update NVer so I can access the eShop though HANS on 10.3U. I got that to work no problem, but when I use HANS to launch Pokemon Bank, I get this message:

It was impossible to read the update data. Please delete any add on content for Pokemon Bank using the System Setting and try again.

I used these setting:

Region: USA
Language: --
FW Version Spoof: YES
Everything else: NO

I read somewhere that HANS can't read the update data or something like that. The system I am using is a old 3DS XL with no CFW installed on 10.3.0-30U (Not -28 because I updated NVer). I am getting the feeling that I will need to downgrade my 3DS XL and get emunand with the latest firmware and a CFW installed to access Pokemon Bank again. I would like to avoid doing that since that is my main 3DS that I use and I like to use and would like to avoid bricking. I do have another 3DS with all that installed, I just don't want to go though the whole hacking process just to access Pokemon Bank. Any help would be appreciated. If I need to provide anymore information, please ask.

Also there is no rush on this, I should have at least a month on my bank subscription. Also just to be clear, I got eShop access working just fine on 10.3.0-30U, I'm just having trouble with Pokemon Bank.

Edit: Would it be possible to transfer my NNID and Pokemon Bank account to my other 3DS that has emunand installed?

Last edited by TheNerdWIzard,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to transfer my NNID and Pokemon Bank account to my other 3DS that has emunand installed?
Yes, and this would be the better solution since you don't know what problems could arise from using a franken-firmware. Also, I recommend moving to the homebrew Pokebank since it's free to use.

Reactions: Thelostrune

TheNerdWIzard

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update friends module and use Free Multi Patcher.
I updated my friends module, but Free Multi Patcher comes as a CIA, and I'm not able to install CIAs on my 3DS that has Pokemon Bank on it, however, my other one can, I might not have been clear on that. I don't want to go though the whole downgrading and installing a CFW process just to access my bank. I can't find a 3dsx version of Free Multi Patcher. Is there another homebrew that does the same thing that comes as a 3dsx?

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I updated my friends module, but Free Multi Patcher comes as a CIA, and I'm not able to install CIAs on my 3DS that has Pokemon Bank on it, however, my other one can, I might not have been clear on that. I don't want to go though the whole downgrading and installing a CFW process just to access my bank. I can't find a 3dsx version of Free Multi Patcher. Is there another homebrew that does the same thing that comes as a 3dsx?
Well, you could use the Pasta CFW to install .cia files, I believe.

TheNerdWIzard

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you could use the Pasta CFW to install .cia files, I believe.
But I have to downgrade to do that, which I have stated that I don't want to do on this 3DS. Plus there is a risk of getting a franken-firmware when downgrading. I'm probably going to just transfer my account to my other 3DS and access it from there since @Joom informed me that I could.

TheNerdWIzard

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and this would be the better solution since you don't know what problems could arise from using a franken-firmware. Also, I recommend moving to the homebrew Pokebank since it's free to use.
I just found out that trasfering NNID requires a system transfer, which is something I refuse to do. I would like to keep both if my 3DSes the way there currently are.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
You can call Nintendo and have them unlink your NNID from the one you're wanting to move from. I had to do this when I sold my O3DS and got my N3DS a few months later because I thought just doing a system format was enough.

TheNerdWIzard

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download from NUS the updated cia's you need and the ones that come factory with your firmware (this can help you to get the ones you want: http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php), install the updated cia's on your firmware, and when you're done with what you have to do, reinstall originals back.
I do this a lot of time.
I said I updated NVer in the title of the post. And I also updated the friends module after @Thelostrune told me to, which was the first reply I got. That link is what I used to find what I needed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can call Nintendo and have them unlink your NNID from the one you're wanting to move from. I had to do this when I sold my O3DS and got my N3DS a few months later because I thought just doing a system format was enough.
But I only need to transfer my NNID to my other 3DS for a few minutes. Nintendo would find it strange if I called them twice within the same day to transfer my NNID. And I don't want my NNID permanently on my other 3DS.

The problem is probably something to do with HANS and the Pokemon Bank update data. I am beginning to think that HANS needs updated to work with Pokemon Bank properly.

What if I make a fresh emunand on my 3DS that is capable of doing so and do a system transfer from my 3DS with Bank on it to emunand? Then I can just install Free Multi Patcher on the freash emunand and access Bank from there. When I am done, I can just do another system transfer and everything would be as there were before, right?

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Have you entered eShop (via HANS) after updating friends module? For me, it said it needed an update for the eShop, i let it do it, and then i got access to it again, maybe that's the thing that needs to be updated for the bank to work.

WARNING: Be really sure when it says to update that is an update for the eShop, and not a System update!!!! If it says "You must update your console..." DON'T DO IT

Last edited by Patxinco,

TheNerdWIzard

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you entered eShop (via HANS) after updating friends module? For me, it said it needed an update for the eShop, i let it do it, and then i got access to it again, maybe that's the thing that needs to be updated for the bank to work.

WARNING: Be really sure when it says to update that is an update for the eShop, and not a System update!!!! If it says "You must update your console..." DON'T DO IT
Yes I have, I can enter it no problem. Bank was already up to date before I tried the workarounds I tried today.

Reactions: Patxinco

TheNerdWIzard

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you moved it to a fresh EmuNAND, there'd be no point in using FMP or HANS since you could just update to the latest firmware.
That is true, but I want to transfer back when I'm done, I think both systems have to be on the same firmware to do that, correct me if I'm wrong.

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But I have to downgrade to do that, which I have stated that I don't want to do on this 3DS. Plus there is a risk of getting a franken-firmware when downgrading. I'm probably going to just transfer my account to my other 3DS and access it from there since @Joom informed me that I could.
You do realize you just made one yourself, right?

Reactions: Zidapi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been piushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical...