Hacking Help Plz Mini SD with DS lite M3 Pro combo

BeastOfPrey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yugioh GX SPirit summoner,Elite Beat Agents,Naruto Shinobi Retsuden,Amd a few other roms tat are in teh 700's release wise.When they boot they don't boot like the other orms,instead a red bar appears and it says game booting and when the red bar finishes nothing happens and my DS freezes(ds lite with mini sd and Transcend 1 GB card).I patched them multiple times in many ways,im sure i got the newest firmware and game manager.Whats wrong? Why do they boot this way? Should i buy a new Sd card or somthing or what? This is starting to annoy me.Or do i simply have bad luck cuz i know others who have gotten these above games to work flawlessly,except they use ez lite and i forgot what my other friend uses.

I think my M3 game manager is perminantly messed up or somthing.When i try to uninstall it it does,but when im going to install it again it says it recommends me to uninstall before reinstalling the program and if it wants me too.I say yes but it doesn't find anything,so i just continue installing and i just tried to patch another rom only to find thta i've failed.Did I screw somthing up?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there should not be a red bar unless you're loading the games into the internal memory of the m3....which with a pro version would lead to disaster on those games you listed since they're bigger than the minimal memory the pro version has on board. Make sure you select 4x dma with appropriate options like force r/w if you need it. Consult the wiki for compatibility settings: www.m3wiki.com

BeastOfPrey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've done what you said and it still won't function properly.That red bar keeps coming up no matter what settings i put on it. btw should the latest firmware be called somthing like updagcsd.e30 Cuz thats the the one i used.Sigh this is happeneing with every rom i try,did i do somthing in my DS?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would uninstall the game manager and reinstall it again, make sure you're using version 30a, and also the latest firmware update is 30c. Both can be downloaded off m3's main site (www.m3adapters.com). The m3 game manager can come up buggy but definitely it's writing roms without using DMA if you're seeing a red load bar. That's happened to me before when I select to write in normal mode and no matter which options I select after, it writes it in normal as well and I learned my lesson. Whenever I write a game in normal mode, I restart the m3 game manager to write in DMA aftterwards and it's been working good. And yes that is what the latest update file should be called....not sure if that's the exact name but something along those lines. Make sure when you update firmware to update in GBA mode as well, sometimes it freezes in the NDS version but maybe the new 30c fixes that. Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on