Hacking help plz, in a stump, 9.2E, no browser

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Sorry, my bad. I was using the NH 1.0 link. I personally installed HBL on my personal 3ds with ironhax and youtubehax, never with NH. Thought NH the same link as 2.0 (crosscompatible)

Ill help him with nh 2.0 right now and post back if i have problems or success.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/

Use method two and replace browserhax with NH 2.0 in step 5 and install the browser cia after step 10

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Only 1, 2 doesn't matter since you can put in 999 as the browser

Alright, so,

He was able to load up HBL, but FBI is getting stuck on white screen upon loading.
He downloaded HAX 2.5 today, but still the same thing.
Any help? I just need to install the cia now, no idea why it hangs.
is there a bigbluemenu 3DSX?

Also, does sky3ds run bbm.3ds or fbi.3ds?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Alright, so,

He was able to load up HBL, but FBI is getting stuck on white screen upon loading.
He downloaded HAX 2.5 today, but still the same thing.
Any help? I just need to install the cia now, no idea why it hangs.
is there a bigbluemenu 3DSX?

Also, does sky3ds run bbm.3ds or fbi.3ds?
Can't help you much here, but:
1) Afaik, *hax 2.5 breaks many things. I highly doubt FBI will work on it until the devs update it. You should probably stick with NinjHax 1.1 / 2 right now.
2) You can *maybe* install bbm.3ds, but since it is not a legit game signed by Nintendo, it will not show up in the "normal" home menu...

Did you try FBI on NinjHax 2 many times? It crashes often for me, you should probably retry at least 5 times to see if it works. If it doesn't, I can't help you :/

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't help you much here, but:
1) Afaik, *hax 2.5 breaks many things. I highly doubt FBI will work on it until the devs update it. You should probably stick with NinjHax 1.1 / 2 right now.
2) You can *maybe* install bbm.3ds, but since it is not a legit game signed by Nintendo, it will not show up in the "normal" home menu...

Did you try FBI on NinjHax 2 many times? It crashes often for me, you should probably retry at least 5 times to see if it works. If it doesn't, I can't help you :/

We tried many times with hax 2.1, and now with hax 2.5

Here, on my personal 3DS, hax 2.5 FBI runs just fine.

D

Deleted User

I don't know if this has been solved yet, but what you can do is use the Gateway oot save with sky3ds and put the gateway launcher and gateway.dg on his sd card. When launching Gateway menu you can first make a NAND backup and then downgrade his 3DS to 4.5 again and you'll also get the browser.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if this has been solved yet, but what you can do is use the Gateway oot save with sky3ds and put the gateway launcher and gateway.dg on his sd card. When launching Gateway menu you can first make a NAND backup and then downgrade his 3DS to 4.5 again and you'll also get the browser.

nah im still stuck. OoT save gets stuck when pressing A after loading the save (on real cartridge).

D

Deleted User

nah im still stuck. OoT save gets stuck when pressing A after loading the save (on real cartridge).
Oh forgot that the oot save was just for n3ds.. Let me fix the oot3dhax save so you can launch rxtools and install the browser with it.

D

Deleted User

u said u would ''fix'' the oot3dhax save, so i was assuming it would work for old 3ds now?
When i said oot3dhax i ment the one for Homebrew Menu. 3DSes with firmwares 9.2 or below can launch CFW by using Homebrew Menu.

D

Deleted User

Attachments

• oot3dhax save.zip
    65 KB · Views: 83
Last edited by ,

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But first what's the whole firmware? (like 9.2.0-7E)
EDIT: nvm i dont need it for this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here. To load rxTools with this you'll need rxTools (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/blmecish9rb1r87/AACOS5s8u0xucXy59vZk6i1pa?dl=0) and the rxtools.3dsx (http://www.mediafire.com/download/ydvv3aa3mk1kuy7/rxtools.3dsx) where you change the name to boot.3dsx. If this doesn't work then i don't know what you can do.

Well its 9.2.0-0E.
Ill test it out and get back to you. Youre sure this homebrew oot3dhax works on old 3ds right..?

D

Deleted User

Well its 9.2.0-0E.
Ill test it out and get back to you. Youre sure this homebrew oot3dhax works on old 3ds right..?
Yes it does work on old 3ds. When i used homebrew menu oot3dhax installer i input 9.2.0 EUR, then i dumped the save with Gateway.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it does work on old 3ds. When i used homebrew menu oot3dhax installer i input 9.2.0 EUR, then i dumped the save with Gateway.

He says OoT still freezes when trying to load to exploit.

He says he tried to load rxtools via HBL and gets stuck on the error that says something about sys/code.bin
I KNOW he has to put code.bin in that directory, the problem is, the code.bin i have doesnt let me enter rxtools options so i havent even linked him to it
It also says RXtools with Pasta in the LOGO while it loads (when i test it out on MY 3ds)
Is there a code.bin that lets u get into RXTools options?

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
He says OoT still freezes when trying to load to exploit.

He says he tried to load rxtools via HBL and gets stuck on the error that says something about sys/code.bin
I KNOW he has to put code.bin in that directory, the problem is, the code.bin i have doesnt let me enter rxtools options so i havent even linked him to it
It also says RXtools with Pasta in the LOGO while it loads (when i test it out on MY 3ds)
Is there a code.bin that lets u get into RXTools options?
Shortcut was changed from R to L for opening settings.
Try holding L as soon as you boot it.

Why they changed it and didn't clearly document the change is beyond me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...