Homebrew help pls my 2ds doesn't like existing anymore ):

Cotton_Candy_2C

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have owned a used New 2DS XL I bought off of eBay for almost 2 years, I hacked it the same day that I got it and for a few months, it was working pretty well, but after awhile, it randomly started running into issues. First, it started having issues running 3DS games, it could run DS games very well, but 3DS would normally crash after a few minutes of playtime, then it started having issues where sometimes if it was moved a little too fast, it would crash, and currently it also has the issue of refusing to boot up 70% of the time, normally by having the blue light flash for a second, before fading out, sometimes it just gets stuck on a black screen. I've tried booting it up without the Micro SD, I've tried booting it up without a game cart, I've tried using recovery mode, I've checked to see if arm9loaderhax.bin was in the root of the Micro SD, but nothing has consistently worked, is there anyway to fix this?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! By crashing you mean it shows you any error screen? Like an arm11 error. Try to remove the battery and plug it back in again (visually inspect it if you see bent pins on the 3ds) and/or with the charge Cable plugged simultaneously.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disable WiFi on the system and see if that helps. If so, the WiFi card in the 2DS may be going out or the connector is loose.

Cotton_Candy_2C

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! By crashing you mean it shows you any error screen? Like an arm11 error. Try to remove the battery and plug it back in again (visually inspect it if you see bent pins on the 3ds) and/or with the charge Cable plugged simultaneously.

The 3DS games does give a crash screen when they crash, I managed to get my 2DS to boot so I could get a crash report from 3D Land, I'll upload that along with this post. I might try removing the battery in a few days, I'm going out of town tomorrow.

Disable WiFi on the system and see if that helps. If so, the WiFi card in the 2DS may be going out or the connector is loose.

I'll try that around the same time I try the battery thing.

Arm9loaderhax.bin is ancient! I'm not even sure that was still recommended two years ago. Are you sure your 2DS doesn't have boot9strap?

I guess I didn't have it installed, I guess the tutorial I used was outdated even though I could swear it was from the same month that I got the 2DS (January 2020)

Well time to update

Okay I tried doing that, and when I try holding start, either it boots to the home menu, the light turns on for about 10 seconds then turns off, or it just does the fade in fade out glitch, how fun!

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000006.zip
    817 bytes · Views: 92

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
safeb9sinstaller can be loaded in several different ways. you can probably rename it to arm9loaderhax.bin and replace what's on the sd card or go through the homebrew launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off