help pls im a total noob to this stuff.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by draco7919, Mar 10, 2010.

Mar 10, 2010
  1. draco7919
    OP

Newcomer draco7919 Newbie

United States
    ok i read the sticky to modding any wii v 4.2 and such. problem is i dont understand any of it. i really dont want homebrew apps, all i want is for my kids to be able to play backed up games on the wii. im no techie or anything. and i really dont want to screw up the wii when i dont know what im doing. i cant afford to get the kids a new one. so would someone pls help me. just a softmod to play backup games, nothing more. and im sure im gonna get flamed about this, but i dont really see a choice for me at this point. so much thanx to anyone who understands and can help.

2. wes11ph

Member wes11ph GBAtemp Fan

Afghanistan
    you will need to read all the needed instructions on how to softmod a wii and learn how all the applications work and how will they be applied....

learning first is much better than buying another wii console. [​IMG]

3. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  4. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
  5. jaybee

Member jaybee GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well said Wes! Yes its true that the key to succeeding at something new is to fully understand what you are doing and why are you doing it. When I softmodded my first Wii I thought it was scary but I chose to read the instructions for at least a couple of days first. This way you get to understand the steps involved and also by taking it slow you will ensure that you keep mistakes to a minimum or at least not make a mistake and screw things up.

Fact of the matter is that if you are not comfortable with doing something the margin for error is much greater. One word of advice is to scrutinise the guides on this forum and dont touch any guides from youtube etc. If something goes wrong it will be harder to sort out. This forum is full of highly skilled and experienced individuals who will be able to help in the event of you needing further help.

There are in fact a few steps to modding a wii. I wouldnt suggest running on ahead tho until you have read the guides thoroughly. Once you are comfortable with the modding process focus on installing the exploits and backing up the nand first. Once you have this step under your belt it will be far easier to recover the wii in the event of a problem.

Remember, its like Wes has said, read read read and read it some more and be prepared before touching your wii. Educate yourself first. Knowledge is power!

6. draco7919
    OP

United States
    so there is no way to just load backup games without going thru a long process?

7. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    nope just read through it and follow every step, u would be surprised how not hard it is, it it takes like 10/15mins

8. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    At least you got that part right. [​IMG]

9. draco7919
    OP

United States

such an a$$

seriously though, yup you hit it on the head. proud of urself now? laid off and cant find work, y should my kids suffer? so its not above me to ask for help when i needed it. maybe one day when u have kids of your own you may understand. but i seriously doubt it.

10. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    so piracy is an ok example to set them?

11. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    your right, its not a great example... but instead telling a white lie like "daddy borrowed these games from a friend" isn't that bad... yea i know, u shouldn't lie to ur kids... just tell them the truth when they turn 15 and then they'll think their dad is cool as hell for knowing how to hack a wii

give the guy a break, i know one day when I have kids I'm not going to put my wii back in the box and hide it just because I'm running softmods... so yea