Hacking [help please!!] White Screen on certain games with r4i Gold 3DS

xiaonu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried googling everything high and low for weeks and I'm frustrated. Let me give all the info I can first before I get the same answers others have: ^^;

I have an r4i Gold 3ds that I had since January 4th, 2013. So it's almost a year old. But I see no reason to be unusable besides the outdated firmware, which I updated on August 2013 to Wood Firmware Version 1.62. (link here) I bought the card on dsflashcart (click here for link of the item). The firmware is there too. I use a 8 gig SanDisk SD card with plenty of room for games left. I properly updated it by overwriting the old firmware. I also even updated it to work with a 3DS using a different updater provided. (I used this tutorial for both updates) I use a DS lite. I plan on buying a 3ds XL so I need this problem sorted out soon!! I updated the firmware as mentioned. When I bought the card brand new , some games just didn't work. Usually roms of big megabytes that take over 5-10 minutes to copy to the card. Other games that copy over instantly like Animal crossing work perfectly fine with wifi and everything. I updated the firmware and the problem still persists. I tried many many websites of the same game so it can't be the rom. My SD card still has lots of space left. The games that do not work just have a white screen on both screens and never load. Please any help? Thank you so much. My last resort is to delete everything and recopy all the games and save.dat files. (Do I have to reformat it or can I just delete everything and redo the updates+game transfers??) I am nervous to try this. I just feel like I might waste 3 hours of my life backing up all my games and save.dat files and it still won't work so I need advice before I waste my time doing that.

Some games that won't work are:
Love Plus
Tokimeki Memorial
Any Kingdom Hearts games
Any big file games really

THANK YOU very much if you take the time to read this and help me out. I REALLY appreciate it.

xiaonu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is confusing _@. Then why does the official website only provide the simple downloads for kernel (if you could look at the link) ^^; It even is titled "Wood Firmware" and another DL called "Firmware V 1.51 C. I was confused and didn't DL that because i was told "wood is the best". And the 1.51 number is less updated. Aaah its all confusing!
And I have 2 of these cards. The other one is the same problem. And a Kingston SD card. It is a fat32 like necessary.
The settings in the menu screen of the cardeven says its updated to 1.62

I don't even know where to begin with your link provided of many downloads. It's totally different from what my card's website tells me to do. _@

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Firmware is what your card uses to boot. You only need to update it when it's blocked by a DS update.
Kernel is the software used to run the games. You have wood r4 and it seems to be the best but you could try one of those retrogamefan's kernels. (I'm not even sure they will work with yoru card though, hehe)
Just get the latest kernel update, it contains everything you need to start.

It's the same thing, just extract the files to the root of our SD card. (_DS_MENU.DAT + a folder).

Also if you have problems with your SD card, I recommend wiping it with HDDLLFT and then formatting it with with FAT32 Format. Also always use the 'quick' options to save time and your SD card's lifetime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c