Help please (smartphone crack)

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Yumi, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Yumi
    OP

Yumi With Love<3

Apr 19, 2010
    Mexico
    Ixtapalapa
    Lol i suck with titles.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone can help me out on this, suggestions welcomed or anything.

For like, almost 2 years now, i have own a Xiao Mi 3 phone. Loved it<3
    (yeah yeah, i know, its a chinese phone blah blah blahhh)

today this morning though, the unfortunate happened: I dropped it like, 2 ft from above, screen has a cute crack line coming down from top-left corner to almost bottom right corner, like VW's stock thing.'

At first, the touch screen worked and everything. Then a few hours ago, it totally stopped...only a piece of an area responds to touch. and i can unlock...but then it requires a password number...which now i am mad for for having it >.<

I can only touch 2 numbers.

I tried reboot and nothing. Is there anyway i can access my stuff and tranfer to my PC?
    I need a miracle here. :(
    more than likely, i need to replace the screen..i think. ugh..why me? >.<

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Taking it to a phoneshop and getting the screen switched out is pretty much the only option.
    I don't know if you stored everything on the SD card or not.

nxwing and Yumi like this.
  3. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Well, some smart phones support usb mice, so if you have one of these cables laying around, you can plug in a usb mouse to ya phone. I did something like that when I was fixing a Samsung Galaxy phone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-pack-Micr...apter-Cable-/141595158241?hash=item20f7baa6e1

You can also download Team Viewer Quick Support on ya phone(if ya can get that far with a broken touch screen), and access ya phone via Team Viewer from your PC.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.quicksupport.market&hl=en

Yumi likes this.