Hacking [HELP PLEASE IM A NOOB] Trying to install arm9loaderhax, Error on 2.1.0 downgrade NFIRM

CorrellRoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am new and just got a 3DS XL on 7.1 and following this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade) , Im on 9.2.0-20U with RedNAND9 Emu 11, newest version, and now Im on next step 2.10 Downgrade (Im on U version OLD3DS system). All goes well until downgrade when shows NFIRM part and ERROR on bottom of screen, I do have my NANDS backed up so goes back to normal. What's wrong? Im sorry as I am new and just got a 3DS XL,

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u have the firmware.bin on ur sd card? sounds like something is going wrong with the redNAND not downgrading due to being on 11.0.0-33. I was on 9.2.0 when downgrading the redNAND. that's my guess anyway.

CorrellRoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
do u have the firmware.bin on ur sd card? sounds like something is going wrong with the redNAND not downgrading due to being on 11.0.0-33. I was on 9.2.0 when downgrading the redNAND. that's my guess anyway.
My redNAND is the one on 11.0 EMU my SystemNAND/Ver is 9.2.0-20U and no I dont have a firmware.bin I didnt see in tutorial of a firmware.bin creating or needed.

Elton D. Tiglao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what cfw r u using during ur downgrade?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i think it has something to do with like Firmware Protection.
When i was downgrading to 2.1 months ago the last file (which has NFIRM something) got an error because my reinand has a firmware protection feature.

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the firmware bin allows u to downgrade 11.0.0-33, so that may be ur issue. u upgraded ur redNAND before it was needed. that's my guess.

Elton D. Tiglao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im sorry for the double post haha

did you follow the settings when holding the select button for luma3ds?

btw when u downgrade to 2.1 is your process running smoothly until for around 10 minutes something like nfirm error appeared?

CorrellRoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
im sorry for the double post haha

did you follow the settings when holding the select button for luma3ds?

btw when u downgrade to 2.1 is your process running smoothly until for around 10 minutes something like nfirm error appeared?
Lol we all do tht sometimes

I didnt see holding select for Luma3DS, sorry im new in 3DS hacks.

Yh after OK on downgrade files, when shows up NFIRM Proccess then on bottom of 3DS I get error has occurred.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yh after OK on downgrade files, when shows up NFIRM Proccess then on bottom of 3DS I get error has occurred.
I was getting the same issue on the last 3DS I did. It was a New 3DS, and I was trying to downgrade it to 2.1.0. I was running Luma 5.2 on it, and every time I tried to downgrade it would only fail on the NFIRM part. I upgraded my Luma to the very latest version and I put the firmware bin in the proper location like suggested here. After that it worked on its first try

CorrellRoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was getting the same issue on the last 3DS I did. It was a New 3DS, and I was trying to downgrade it to 2.1.0. I was running Luma 5.2 on it, and every time I tried to downgrade it would only fail on the NFIRM part. I upgraded my Luma to the very latest version and I put the firmware bin in the proper location like suggested here. After that it worked on its first try
I have OLD 3DS, wheres firmware.bin might be because I dont have a firmware.bin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its definitely the firmware protection.
did you use tiny format after making the rednand?
Yh I used TinyFormat on RedNAND step, twice

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wouldnt tht mess up my 3ds since I didnt get a firmware.bin?
If I remember the firmware.bin was simply a file you would download and throw in root/luma. I don't think it's console specific

(If anyone else says otherwise please let me know, I'm going off of memory here from a 2 month old setup)

Last edited by anthonyplep,

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I did some googling and I really haven't found an answer, however it's worth a shot. My bin file won't work because it's a N3DS file, but I found a download for what I believe has the file you need

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

This link is from a FAQ and Troubleshooting page on the Luma Github. Download the NTR FIRMs, take the O3DS file, make sure it's called "firmware.bin" and stick it in the Luma folder on your root and we'll see what happens

Last edited by anthonyplep,

CorrellRoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I did some googling and I really haven't found an answer, however it's worth a shot. My bin file won't work because it's a N3DS file, but I found a download for what I believe has the file you need

http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/Fbj6n1vB/file.html

I grabbed the link from a FAQ and Troubleshooting page on the Luma Github. Take the O3DS file, make sure it's called "firmware.bin" and stick it in the Luma folder on your root and we'll see what happens
Ok it goes into SD:/luma folder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1