help! please! i am trying to update my R4i gold 3ds card?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JennyWooh, Dec 24, 2011.

1. JennyWooh
    OP

Newcomer JennyWooh Newbie

i have been reading through several different forums already to try to fix my problem, but still not working. first off, i copied the latest wood firmware on my r4i 3ds card, and the games have been working fine as far as i know. (i am using a dsi xl). i want to run the update patch from the official website, cuz i think thats what you are suppose to do... but everytime i try running the patch it says fail!! FAIL! ive read and tried everything. i tried running the (V143_Patch_R4iGold3DS_NDSi.nds) on my dsi xl. but it failed. then... i got my hands on a ds lite. and tried running (V143_Patch_R4iGold3DS_NDSL.nds) patch on it and it STILL FAILED!. i started up the patch, closed the ds lite, took out the card, put it back in, and pressed A. but it says FAIL everytime. why???

its suppose to work right? i have tried 2 different r4i gold 3ds cards. and still the same.

what am i doing wrong?

2. JennyWooh
    OP

one more question!.... really dumb, naive question but. what is the point exactly of running the patch? is it to stop freezing and anti-piracy stuff right for the games?

3. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    Maybe the card is already flashed to that?
    Because my card is exactly the same and it patches fine.
    Walk me through the steps you did to patch it.

4. JennyWooh
    OP

ok.

so i formatted the micro sd. (i formatted by just right clicking and clicking 'format' from my computer, i didnt download or use any software).
    then i downloaded the latest wood kernel. dragged and dropped everything in.
    put it back into my dsi xl, and the wood kernel worked.
    i then downloaded the patch (V143_Patch_R4iGold3DS_NDSi.nds), put it on the card. tried running it, but check card said failed. :/
    so, i found a ds lite. downloaded the NDSL.nds patch and tried running it, took the card out, put it back in, but still fail.

now i am stuck.

it is important for me to patch it right??

5. JennyWooh
    OP

ohh. well, the games are actually running on my wood kernel. its just that, when i play pokemon black and soul silver it has frozen on me. i just assumed this patch would fix it? its probably not huh