sailor_moon

Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi GBATemps~!

Getting down to business; I am wondering if someone could possibly help me out here. I spent several hours last night trying to find the text file location Fantasy Life EUR because I want my NPCs to have their personalities back in the USA ver. example down below.

Example:

USA -
qx1Tzqa.jpg

EUR -
BMADjnv.jpg

Basically, I am only looking to make a .ppf of the translation localisation difference, This way I can have my EUR NPC personality with my USA copy and still be able to play Origin Island update~ Hopefully anyone can help me out here.

***Edit***

Nevermind, I found the file I was looking for~

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, how about you share it with the rest of us?
Surely you're not the only American Here that would like to insert the European localisation into their game.
Agreed, that would be great to see, and perhaps would mark the public start of 3DS "undubbing" as well.

Reactions: Zidapi

sailor_moon

Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly I wasn't able to get the file directly but I can direct you to where it maybe located. try the extracting the .code file that is in the ExeFS (I couldn't do it; it's beyond my understand of rom unpacking/etc.

Anyways when I file checked both of the USA/EUR version that is the only file (ExeFS) [NCCH (CTR-P-AFLP) 0] that had a different file size of .02mb

Sorry if this is pretty useless info. :I

back25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And you're not sharing it with us?!
Shame on you... :rofl2::rofl::lol:

This. Many people want this game real bad and no scene groups seem to care. Just edit your header and put it up on some swedish tracker, no need to share the links here. Pretty please.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
just prepare 1.54 GB (~1,660,963,718 bytes iirc) for unpacking _file_archive.bin (372,881,344 bytes). is containing 9 language, and have many unused file.

yeah is have many different, like :

prolog :
Code:
(eu) :
メグおばさん <PLAYER_NAME> ? 
メグおばさん Oh me, oh my! Have you fallen out of bed? 
メグおばさん I heard a huge thump just now, so I came running. 
メグおばさん I thought one of those whatchamacallit stones had fallen on our house or something...

Code:
(us) :
メグおばさん ￶<PLAYER_NAME> ? 
メグおばさん Oh, my stars! Are you OK?! What happened?! What's going on up here?! Should I call for someone?! 
メグおばさん I was dozing downstairs when I heard an awful ruckus up here. Are you hurt? 
メグおばさん I'm sorry I just came barging in, but I thought maybe one of those falling stones crashed into the roof!

I don't know why us and eu is have 1 month delay, actually eu version is exact same as us version.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Wow, I didn't know there was such a different between EU English and US! Is there any official word on why it was changed so drastically?
not a personal opinion, but it does appear all the text was made simpler/clearer for the US market.....maybe they just decided all the "personality" would be confusing for children

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not a personal opinion, but it does appear all the text was made simpler/clearer for the US market.....maybe they just decided all the "personality" would be confusing for children
Yeah, I can definitely see what you mean. In fact, I'd wager that quite some years ago, when my grasp on English wasn't as good, I'd have preferred the US version. But now I definitely like the EU version a lot more.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And you're not sharing it with us?!
Shame on you... :rofl2::rofl::lol:
This. Many people want this game real bad and no scene groups seem to care. Just edit your header and put it up on some swedish tracker, no need to share the links here. Pretty please.
This is completely inappropriate, and not at all what I wanted to encourage when I requested OP share her findings.
Not that I'm asking for a ROM here, but that would be much appreciated. ;)

Thx!
Yeah, you are. No point in playing coy here.

Reactions: NEP

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah, I can definitely see what you mean. In fact, I'd wager that quite some years ago, when my grasp on English wasn't as good, I'd have preferred the US version. But now I definitely like the EU version a lot more.
yeah i imagine the US version would be much easier for people with limited experience of the english language things like "whatchamacallit" and the childish accent on the "weawwy wuv" would probably make little or no sense at all

back25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have merely suggested a way in which one could contribute with the scene. An act of kindness. You may or not do it, but this thread has already mostly served its purpose. This is in no way inappropriate, nor violates the site rules.

Meteo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so basically they think the US population is worse at English than their European counterparts? :lol: cant say that I disagree with that. The dumbing down of America continues...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk