Hacking HELP PLEASE! Cios 9 to play Zelda Twilight Princess from USB L

joninho90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I want to play Twilight Princess from USB Loader GX but can't install cios 9. When I saw a list, the game needed Cios 9. But i can't install it! Right now i have IOS9-64-v516.wad. What version of installer do i need? I can play New super mario bros with IOS38. But please help me to install IOS9.

Regards

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOS9 is part of a mod called cioscorp that's meant to make DVD-R's load from the disc channel. Doesn't have a thing to do with USB loading whatsoever.

As long as you have a normal cIOS installed the game will load as-is from GX

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FenrirWolf said:
cIOS9 is part of a mod called cioscorp that's meant to make DVD-R's load from the disc channel. Doesn't have a thing to do with USB loading whatsoever.

As long as you have a normal cIOS installed the game will load as-is from GX
He probably means cIOS rev9, but confuses it with cIOS9
tongue.gif

maliusmaximus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any update on this? I'm also running USB loader GX, and can't Zelda. I usually use CIOS249, or 250 if 249 doesn't work for some games (ie: COD), but Zelda doesn't like 222, 223, 249 or 250. I tried putting in CIOS9 on the game load screen, but USB loader GX thinks it isn't installed,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
maliusmaximus said:
Any update on this? I'm also running USB loader GX, and can't Zelda. I usually use CIOS249, or 250 if 249 doesn't work for some games (ie: COD), but Zelda doesn't like 222, 223, 249 or 250. I tried putting in CIOS9 on the game load screen, but USB loader GX thinks it isn't installed,
Update? Xflak's mention that the original poster was on the wrong track was correct then, and that hasn't changed.

The thing is: the number of the cIOS'es are just slots. What you have in 222, 249 or anywhere else can be totally different than what I have. Please mention your revisions. And if you have recent versions of Waninkoko's cIOS, mention the base IOS as well.

Still...there are conventions:
-cIOS222 and 223 are commonly Hermes's cIOS's. I dunno which version, but 4 or 5 is most common. And should play Zelda just fine.
-cIOS249 and 250 are usually taken by Waninkoko's revisions. Since version 18, the base IOS matters more than the number (as you probably know, as you mentioned CoD). Most games play best on a base IOS of 56. I'm pretty sure Zelda is among those
-anything under 200 is reserved for nintendo's own IOS'es. You should only mess with those if you want to play backup discs from the disc channel. And only if you know exactly what you're doing.

So...yeah. Going by the conventions, I'd say that it's likely that you have at least tried it with a cIOS that should play Zelda, so indeed...I'd recheck the actual iso. Perhaps try to get it running on dolphin?

maliusmaximus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mauifrog said:
Sounds like your iso dump is jacked. Dump another iso of zelda.

Thanks for the advice, and the following poster too. I will pay more attention to writing the full revision and base version in future posts.
As it turned out, re-dumping the ISO from the DVD worked just fine. Didn't think to try that because my other dumps that didn't work initially were due to cIOS settings.
It's amazing how doing a dump always makes the world brighter.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
maliusmaximus said:
mauifrog said:
Sounds like your iso dump is jacked. Dump another iso of zelda.

Thanks for the advice, and the following poster too. I will pay more attention to writing the full revision and base version in future posts.
As it turned out, re-dumping the ISO from the DVD worked just fine. Didn't think to try that because my other dumps that didn't work initially were due to cIOS settings.
It's amazing how doing a dump always makes the world brighter.

LOL!
Could'nt agree more!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs