Hacking Help please? Can't figure it out.

Dangerless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the right section for this, okay first this problem doesn't show itself until after I select a game from the back up loader (in this case USB Loader GX or CFG) now after I choose a game and around a minute in I begin to get button delay.

It feels like button delay, but it also feels like the wiimote desync very very quickly and then goes back to normal for the next few seconds.

I have tried many things, I have four wiimotes and they all do the same thing. I haven't play the wii and a good while either so this problem is brand new. VC games/etc are perfectly fine, none of them occurs until after I start playing a game from the USB Loader.

Before everything was perfectly fine! Nothing has changed at all other than the fact I haven't turn it on for a couple of months.

After quitting the game and going back to the wii menu, if I move the cusor around for awhile I notice it stops moving and jumps from place to place then goes back to normal until a few seconds later.

So is the Wii dying out on me? Is it my HDD? Is there something wrong with the Loaders?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Does this occur also in other loaders too?
Did you check the IR device position (not tilted) and settings (above or below TV in Wii settings) and connection (cable and jack insertion) ?

If all is fine, the easiest way to start testing the problem is by removing the Wii sync data and re-syncing everything again.
So just press the red button next to the SD card port for around 15-20 secs to erase the data and re-sync by simultaneously pressing this button and the red button on your wiimotes in the preferred order.
Try and see if this helps
Good luck :)

Dangerless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, everything seems fine otherwise I also made sure and tested another cable to make sure it wasn't HDTV lag. Also, I have a router setting directly next to the Wii but I don't really think that would effect anything unless I played online or something. I do have another wii in another room I did the same setup as I did to this Wii and it doesn't suffer from this problem.

When I plug a classic controller into the wiimote it seems the controller suffers from it too. Is it possible something is interfering with the Wii? How does the Wiimote connect to the wii by what kind of communition between the two is used? Besides the router the only other things very close to it is:

An Xbox 360, Cable Box, HDD and the cable modem.

EDIT2: I guess the loader is not the source of the problem. While setting on the menu the cursor begins to lag off and on.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
the sensor has 2 iR sources that tells the wiimote position
the only thing that can cause problems beside hardware issues of course is a source of IR (some people made a sensor using candles!)
did you test the other wii remote sensor, and did you test your sensor on the second wii? see if this helps clear things up.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it starts lagging/stuttering like that, do button presses still work?

Basically, when you're moving the remote around the screen, when it starts to get stuck, try to immediately press a button (a to launch a channel if it freezes on one or home to bring up the menu). If Try it a handfull of times to make sure you're not just getting it by chance, but if they do work, I would say you have IR interference, which would be the reason the tracking is going screwey. This would be caused by other light sources in the room, such as bring, open windows, candles, or certain lightbulbs in lamps - To test this, try playing when the room is completely dark, at night; the TV shouldn't mess with it. (Also, the sensor bar isn't behind a glass cabinet window, is it?)

Otherwise, if button presses do not work at that time, I would be pretty confident in saying that your Wii's bluetooth module is going kaput. As you see from the link, they're fairly inexpensive. Feel free to search around for a better price for them, I just always link to DX since they tend to have most of this stuff.

Dangerless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it starts lagging/stuttering like that, do button presses still work?

Basically, when you're moving the remote around the screen, when it starts to get stuck, try to immediately press a button (a to launch a channel if it freezes on one or home to bring up the menu). If Try it a handfull of times to make sure you're not just getting it by chance, but if they do work, I would say you have IR interference, which would be the reason the tracking is going screwey. This would be caused by other light sources in the room, such as bring, open windows, candles, or certain lightbulbs in lamps - To test this, try playing when the room is completely dark, at night; the TV shouldn't mess with it. (Also, the sensor bar isn't behind a glass cabinet window, is it?)

Otherwise, if button presses do not work at that time, I would be pretty confident in saying that your Wii's bluetooth module is going kaput. As you see from the link, they're fairly inexpensive. Feel free to search around for a better price for them, I just always link to DX since they tend to have most of this stuff.

The light is fine, it's dark most of the time in the room so I don't believe it could be caused by the IR. You mention that the Wii uses bluetooth (I'm guessing for the wiimote), if that's true then it could be something interfering. I'll edit this post in a bit and move everything from the room and put it back one by one and tell you my results.

Otherwise though,I would say you're correct about the 'button press don't work at that time' because that's what it is.

EDIT: Okay, was it my router? After I put everything back everything was working fine untilI put the router back, is that possible? The distance between the two is very small, they have about a baseball amount of space between the two. I tested NSMBWii and Mario Kart to make sure and had no issues, I'm using a high-performance Netgear router if that helps. Also, the wii itself is only about six months old and it's one of the newer wiis that do not have GCN support (bought brand new at the time)

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't have thought the router would cause interference with the Bluetooth reception (yes, Wii remotes track via IR and communicate via Bluetooth), but if moving the router seemed to have fixed it, then I very well may have been wrong. Play around with it still moved out of the way, if you can, then see if moving it back makes issues crop up again.

If it does, you may very well have your culprit.

Dangerless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it does seem fine now, seems kinda silly though. I guess to wrap up this topic, I did some serious searching about the issue and could only find one person that once had the same issue. In that topic there was a link posted that talks about WiFi and Bluetooth; http://www.edn.com/article/CA629312.html

In short he posted a bit from it and it said

'In the case of Bluetooth, the effect is different. WiFi has minimal impact on Bluetooth when separated by 10m, regardless of range. A 2-cm separation, however, drastically reduces Bluetooth throughput even for short ranges and quickly shuts it down with increasing range.'

I guess this was my issue afterall, thanks for pointing it out to me plasma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.