Hacking help please blank screen ..can get to bootmii screen BUT...

bmon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.. here's the story.. Friend's wii softmodded with bootmii installed on 4.2U... not sure what happened... but can not get to the main menu screen.. I can power on with the wiimote and get the bootmii screen but then wiimite does not work after that. I was able to restore nand with the backup successfully. but still the same issue. I can get to the HBC channel from bootmii menu but since remote does not work I can't do anything. If I select wii menu option I get a flash on screen and then just black screen. I'm not sure how it happened but he said he was playing a game and in the middle it froze so he turned it off and then after that this problem started. Any help is appreciated..

Another question .. now that wii price drop to 149 .. If I get one from walleyworld, will I be able to softmod incase I can't get original back to life?... PLEASE HELP.. Thanks.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you have WiiConnect24 enabled? (orange led in "standby" mode, not red) If yes, it's highly possible that the bluetooth module is dead now. Maybe somebody who knows more about dead bluetooth modules can tell if your problems match the expected problems.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Usually a bad BT module will not power on the wii with the wiimote. It is possible, you can test the BT module by loading games from the HBC. Use a gc controller and see if you can load any games. Games should not load with a bad BT module. Another test for the BT module is savemiifrii, savemiifrii should work with a bad BT module. If savemiifrii does not work it should not be your BT module.
Other possible causes could be a bad wifi module or dead DVD drive, both would give a black screen with savemiifrii. You can test the DVD drive by unplugging it. You can test the wifi module by replacing it with a known working one

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, yeah if you can't power up the Wii via wii mote anymore, it would indicate a problem with the BT module. BUT: If your wii "forgot" that your wii mote is your wii mote, you wouldn't be able to power it up as well. So if you can't power up the wii via wii mote, it's not necessarily a broken BT module, but a possibility.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can sync the wiimote from the strap screen of a game if the wiimote is not sync with the wii. If the BT is bad the game should black screen and not give the strap screen, but Savemiifrii should work, and a synced wiimote typically will not power on the wii.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the BT module is working, try to load Multi mod manager from the HBC or via cboot2, then reinstall the system ios. See if reinstalling the system ios helps, if not try to also reinstall the system menu. Posting a syscheck log could be helpful if that does not fix the issue.

bmon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the BT module had gone bad... replaced it and wii now works.... but now somehow DVD drive does not work .. it does not cycle when I try to put the disk in...... I'm pretty sure I plugged back 2 cables that connects motherboard to dvd drive... Is there anything else that can prevent not powering up of dvd? I'm sure I can live without dvd as I can use ext usb to load games..but it's a friend's wii and would prefer to fix it especially when dvd drive was working before... any suggestions? Thanks.

bmon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the Games through USB loads fine and playable. Although I did check the pins but would have to check again if any of the pins got bent while plugging it back in.. any other suggestions?

bmon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
checked all the pins and looks fine nothing bent... oh well... I can live without dvd since usb loading works.. just that it was working just fine before I changed the bt module...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte