Hacking help picking a 3ds card

djavs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys

I have normal 3ds with 4.5E on it. Am tempted to buy a mt-card instead of gate just because of the multimrom support. Bt scared with all the bircking issue is this just for Gateway? or MT-CARDS bricking too?

If i wanted mt-card where in the uk can i purchase it from or worse case ordering from china. I want to avoid buying a fake or being duped. Am completely new to this and value your opnion.

Oh and can mtcard and gateway play things like new supermario 3d land and new zelda?

thanks in advance

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
if u think multi rom function is a must, go buy mt-card. else just buy clone card.. if u have extra money, gateway is the best choice.

Reactions: djavs

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
as for me, i decided to buy mt-card cus multi rom is important to me atm. since i travel quite a lot, i don't have much time to use pc for changing games. it already been almost 2 weeks since i got mt-card i really love all about it. yea i know some new games unable to run like zelda but other games keep me occupied. i can store more than 10 games in the single micro sd and so far no complain. my gateway and clone just waiting at home-_-"

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if u think multi rom function is a must, go buy mt-card. else just buy clone card.. if u have extra money, gateway is the best choice.

Though multi-rom support is apparently coming soon for Gateway, they've shown it off. Plus mt-card hasn't exactly given confidence that they can continue to provide new features, Gateway is still the safest bet it seems, despite the drama.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Though multi-rom support is apparently coming soon for Gateway, they've shown it off. Plus mt-card hasn't exactly given confidence that they can continue to provide new features, Gateway is still the safest bet it seems, despite the drama.
GW already had the ROM Dumper in their first 2.0 preview picture but nothing is avaible, yet. MT has shown that AC:NL can work with their card in a video, too.

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would avoid Gateway. They are untrustworthy, and malicious (intentionally bricking competitors). Also, go have a look at their official support forums. All their replies come off as immature and offensive. Also, they've constantly made feature promises that they've missed time and time again, for months on end. There's even rumors that they are unable to update the FPGA (since the Pro ASIC 3 chip inside can only be updated via the JTAG inputs, which the 3DS can't do).
MT-Card is the most promising flashcart at the moment. Multi-rom, and full upgrade ability (with USB port). It's the only truly "future proof" card at the moment. All the others (Gateway and clones) might need hardware revisions to support future stuff like multi-rom, which would piss off current owners.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would not buy any card and wait for the inevitable softmod (although it will most likely still require a DS mode flashcart, but those can be gotten for like ten bucks), but keep in mind that this may take a long time. If you're an impatient pirate, get a Gateway, if you're a cheapass pirate, wait for the softmod and if you want to use it for non-piracy reasons, wait for the softmod so you don't put any money in the pockets of shady businesses.

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not buy any card and wait for the inevitable softmod (although it will most likely still require a DS mode flashcart, but those can be gotten for like ten bucks), but keep in mind that this may take a long time. If you're an impatient pirate, get a Gateway, if you're a cheapass pirate, wait for the softmod and if you want to use it for non-piracy reasons, wait for the softmod so you don't put any money in the pockets of shady businesses.

Knowing how long it takes Gateway to release updates, it might be be months for them to release 2.0 Final (if it's even possible at all, due to the FPGA issue I mentioned above).
Your best bet is to buy an MT-Card for the time being (it's cheaper than Gateway and has multirom), and wait for the inevitable softmod/custom firmware that's being worked on by modders like smelum.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best bet is probably to wait until whoever comes out with the next update first. Right now MT-card doesn't support the latest games and Gateway doesn't support multi-rom. To be honest multi-rom and Game support is probably all that is wanted in a flash cart, so afterwards newer features shouldn't be as important (except online play)

If I had to take a gamble and buy a flash cart right now in hopes that an update will arrive, I'd bet on Gateway.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The best bet is probably to wait until whoever comes out with the next update first. Right now MT-card doesn't support the latest games and Gateway doesn't support multi-rom. To be honest multi-rom and Game support is probably all that is wanted in a flash cart, so afterwards newer features shouldn't be as important (except online play)
MT supports every game supported by GW 1.2. GW 2.0B1 has many save bugs and GW 2.0B2 a bricking code. I think that MT supports about 98% of the 3DS games.

If I had to take a gamble and buy a flash cart right now in hopes that an update will arrive, I'd bet on Gateway.
How can you suggest a GW if you don't own a MT-Card (I assume that you don't own one).

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MT supports every game supported by GW 1.2. GW 2.0B1 has many save bugs and GW 2.0B2 a bricking code. I think that MT supports about 98% of the 3DS games.

How can you suggest a GW if you don't own a MT-Card (I assume that you don't own one).

I'm running 2.0B1 just fine. All the latest games are SDK5+. If someone gets a flash cart I assume they want to play the latest games.

I don't need to own an MT-card to know that they haven't updated the thing since it came out. I also don't need to own an MT-card to know what games it supports and what features it has. Flash carts aren't subjective, it's one feature vs the other. Trying to say I need to own both to recommend one over the other is just ridiculous.

And by the way, I was recommending the Gateway if he had to get a flash cart NOW, mainly because they actually released an update for their cart. So far MT-card hasn't. If you read the beginning of my post you'll see I recommended whoever gets the next update out first.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm running 2.0B1 just fine. All the latest games are SDK5+. If someone gets a flash cart I assume they want to play the latest games.

I don't need to own an MT-card to know that they haven't updated the thing since it came out. I also don't need to own an MT-card to know what games it supports and what features it has. Flash carts aren't subjective, it's one feature vs the other. Trying to say I need to own both to recommend one over the other is just ridiculous.

And by the way, I was recommending the Gateway if he had to get a flash cart NOW, mainly because they actually released an update for their cart. So far MT-card hasn't. If you read the beginning of my post you'll see I recommended whoever gets the next update out first.
I used 2.0B1 for a short time and went back to 1.2 directly because I wasn't able to safe.

flashcards are subjective. Some would even suggest some shitty R4 clones because they can do what the average user needs. The MT has Multi-ROM and that's a very important point since it changes the usage very much. But you can't know the feeling between both cards since you don't own the MT.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not buy any card and wait for the inevitable softmod

Is this really what you would do? Honestly? You're actually suggesting someone wait forever for something that has no ETA or any guarantees that will ever be released. The only hope that this will ever see the light of day is exactly that: hope. I highly doubt this is something you would do, as I sure as hell wouldn't.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant on you, but I'm just a little annoyed that people keep suggesting this as a viable suggestion instead of calling it what it is: a pipe dream that mght or might not happen.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used 2.0B1 for a short time and went back to 1.2 directly because I wasn't able to safe.

flashcards are subjective. Some would even suggest some shitty R4 clones because they can do what the average user needs. The MT has Multi-ROM and that's a very important point since it changes the usage very much. But you can't know the feeling between both cards since you don't own the MT.

Well I can save fine. I generally wait a moment after pressing home to make sure the save is being written to the SD card.

I agree multi-rom is important. I wish Gateway would hurry their ass and release it. If MT-card supported the latest games I'd be tempted to ditch my Gateway and get it.

But the fact of the matter is, MT-card hasn't released an update yet. Right now maybe 98% of the games work, but how would you feel if in 2015 your flash cart doesn't work with any game released in the past year?

Game support is already there with Gateway. In my opinion, the risk of not being able to play all the newest games is greater than the risk of not having multirom with Gateway, which is why I recommended the gateway.

Not to mention it's very promising that multirom is eventually going to come with gateway, even if it will be months.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I agree multi-rom is important. I wish Gateway would hurry their ass and release it. If MT-card supported the latest games I'd be tempted to ditch my Gateway and get it.

But the fact of the matter is, MT-card hasn't released an update yet. Right now maybe 98% of the games work, but how would you feel if in 2015 your flash cart doesn't work with any game released in the past year?

Game support is already there with Gateway. In my opinion, the risk of not being able to play all the newest games is greater than the risk of not having multirom with Gateway, which is why I recommended the gateway.

Not to mention it's very promising that multirom is eventually going to come with gateway, even if it will be months.
Some people from the scene stated that the flashcards can't support games which will have the 7.X SDK but currently that's just speculation.
GW can leave the Scene as fast as they came (like other european teams like Cyclops or DS-X) but so can MT. It's all just a game where you can't really win.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
As I understand it, All of them stole Gateway's firmware so all of them have the bricking code but ONLY running Gateway will AVOID running the bricking code so if you're gonna go for anything, I'd go for Gateway because whether you agree with their inclusion of the bricking code or not, as long as you only ever use their official launcher.dat you shouldn't have any problems. (And they're gonna have multi-ROM support soon so the only advantage the other ones have will be the price.)

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
As I understand it, All of them stole Gateway's firmware so all of them have the bricking code but ONLY running Gateway will AVOID running the bricking code so if you're gonna go for anything, I'd go for Gateway because whether you agree with their inclusion of the bricking code or not, as long as you only ever use their official launcher.dat you shouldn't have any problems. (And they're gonna have multi-ROM support soon so the only advantage the other ones have will be the price.)
I hate you made me get tissue to catch the bug..
Anyways yes gateway is good and even if you do get bricked which is a worst case scenario we now a solution to unbrick using raspberry pie so go for it as you know the team will update in the future even if its full of dangerous code at least it will be up to date

Reactions: Maxternal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality