Hacking help partitioning hard drive as fat32+ntfs

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i need to partition a drive as part fat32 part ntfs as its for a friends wii. i normally do fat32 but she has some blue ray rips on the drive which are too big for fat32, and rather than buying an sd card someone helpfully suggests partitioning drive.

on mac side i can partition using disk utility, but it wont allow me to format ntfs.

on pc side it allows me to format as ntfs or exfat and not to partition.

is easiest way to partition on mac into 2 fat 32 then restart bootcamp reformat one side as ntfs or is there an easier way?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Windows can partition drives too but if you can't figure out how, then your way is probably faster.
Many wii tools can already use ntfs, I don't think you will need more then a few gig.
Iirc HBC needs the fat partition to be first entry in the partition table.

edit: I dont know what partitioning format OSX uses by default: make sure you select MBR not GPT

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't rely on basic tools. On windows, you can use a freeware program like easeus partitioning master to split your drive up into two, and format them separately. Just make sure you've got the data backed up to another position while you do this: even though it may be possible to repartition only a part of the drive without losing the rest, I wouldn't rely on this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.