Help out KaKaRoToKS promote homebrew

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania

Well known PS3 Dev KaKaRoToKS has set up The Humble Homebrew Collection in the hopes of promoting professional quality, polished homebrew and possibly even convincing Sony that homebrew does not have to lead to piracy:
The Humble Homebrew Collection is an initiative that aims to convince Sony to provide us with a legitimate and official way to create homebrew applications for the consoles that we own.
We are providing you with a free homebrew game that aims to be polished and look professionally made which includes 33 very good and addictive puzzle games.
We've tried to make this homebrew games collection as good as possible so that even the anti-homebrew purists will be jealous of it.

Homebrew does not equal piracy, and this is proof of it. These games are all free and are released under the MIT license.
You are free to download these games for the platform of your choice, whether it's on a jailbroken PS3, Linux, Windows, Mac or Android.

This Homebrew game collection is a port of Simon Tatham's Portable Puzzle Collection to the Playstation 3 system and it includes 33 puzzle games. More games are being written and this collection will only increase with time.
This is one of the first homebrew games that are released on the PS3 which are above the "proof of concept" status and is not yet another backup manager, FTP server or a port of an existing emulator.
This homebrew game is still in active development and will continue to receive regular updates. The TODO list has many items on it and it will continue to improve for your enjoyment.

The main purpose of this website it to serve as a petition against Sony's unjust behavior towards their customers. You are encouraged to sign the petition, donate to the developers or you can simply download the games. The choice is yours.
If you wish to do so, you may also donate to the developers of this homebrew application, as well as to the EFF, which helps defend our rights in this digital age.
It is time to vote with your money, boycott Sony, request your legal homebrew and request your freedom and let them know that they have much to gain by giving us access to the homebrew that we deserve.

Let Sony know that, as a customer, you want homebrew games, you want to see the real purpose of the Copyright Law used properly:
To encourage creativity and innovation. Let them know that, as a customer, you are willing to pay for quality homebrew and that if they wanted to, they can get a share of that money. After all, all they care about is money!

Thank you[/p]
You can download the homebrew, Sign the petition, Donate or do all three
(I'd suggest that even if you don't want to donate anything you should at least sign the petition)
I've made a donation and if you're feeling generous you should chip in a bit too
smile.gif

ak4us.jpg

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you really think sony will listen? no they want to crush us they blame the psn hacking on us and if microsoft and ninty joins the bandwagon well homebrew might die off

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'll sign that. But I don't think it'll do much, Sony's a dick. But good luck anyway.

Did you donate 101 just to be on the top?
tongue.gif

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if (homebrew) warez = true;
if (homebrew && !warez) sony =
smile.gif
;

nintendomax is good exemple for legal use of homebrew

The Appeal of Judgement "Nintendo vs Linker" in France will be the 6, 7 and 8 June and we will be cited for the defense.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Cid2mizard said:
if (homebrew) warez = true;
if (homebrew && !warez) sony =
smile.gif
;

nintendomax is good exemple for legal use of homebrew

The Appeal of Judgement "Nintendo vs Linker" in France will be the 6, 7 and 8 June and we will be cited for the defense.

if (homebrew($sony_lawyers) == TRUE)
end();

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1