Help on updating my G6 lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by cloud19573, Oct 20, 2006.

Oct 20, 2006
  1. cloud19573
    OP

Newcomer cloud19573 Advanced Member

For anyone using the chinese G6 lite...how do you update your firmware? Do you use the button combination(A+B+SELECT+START) on the GBA mode or do you use the icon provided in the GBA mode...I tried to update mine to v4.6 using the button combination but end up corrupting my G6 lite which i eventually solved...there is no other thread saying that the firmware is faulty so I assuming is my method of updating that is causing the trouble...anyone can help me? Thanks

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I am not aware of any icons in the gba mode that lets you perform the update, the A/B/Select/Start is the only way. Just make sure you're using the proper chinese loader update and you will be fine....assuming your g6 lite sits correctly in the casing you're using and it's not defective to start with.

3. cloud19573
    OP

Newcomer cloud19573 Advanced Member

Thanks for the reply...previously when my G6 lite is corrupted...I can't get to the DS menu using my DS...it got stuck on a white sceen, I reformatted it using mputility and get to the GBA menu by loading my G6 lite without the passcard and i used the update icon(because i can't get the button combination to work) to change my firmware back to 4.5 from 4.6...Thanks again [​IMG]

4. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    There is an icon in GBA mode for updating the G6 since (I think) 4.5.

5. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Wow nice, they made it easier. Been using my g6 as flashme or testing hardware nowadays so good to know. Thanks.