1. Spiderkid08

OP Spiderkid08 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello, I have a PS3 super slim with HAN on it running 4.82 I haven't used it in a while and I would like to get it up to speed and I also would like to know how upgrading the hard drive works, is it business as usual or is does it take extra steps when it's hacked?

2. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

If you have 4.82 or 4.82 han installed.............follow the video, you install 4.84 or 4.86 Hen Firmware Two Times in a row, from a usb stick.............then you go to the website from the ps3 just like in the video, and install the applications from there.

It should wipe or mess up your games, but, its a rare possibility that you would need to reinstall everything, nothing to worry about.

EDIT

The website that provides the applications you need to use doesn't support 4.82 firmware anymore, if you don't already have a hdd with that on it, you have no choice really but to upgrade. If you have the choice choose the lowest firmware to upgrade to like 4.84, double check that that is the most stable.

It was a bad decision to remove 4.82 han, it was very stable.............anyway. You can have multiple harddrives, you just need to re-install 4.84 hen or 4.86 hen, each time and the applications from the website on it, since they are saved to each hdd separately.

Last edited by yeshuachrist, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    i wouldnt follow any videoguide

4. Hologram

Hologram GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Install 4.86 OFW. Run Hen Enabler as normal. All ps3 can do up to 1.5GB internally and are 2.5 inch laptop form factor. USB is 2tb Max externally with some exceptions allowing you to pass the 2TB limit.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, updating, enabled