Help on slot-1(R4DS) and slot-2(EZ4lite)

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Kuromadoshi, Aug 6, 2007.

Aug 6, 2007
  1. Kuromadoshi
    OP

Newcomer Kuromadoshi Member

United States
    As of now, I think an R4DS with Kingston 2GB Micro SD, and an EZ4 Lite Deluxe (MicroSD Version).

I was wondering if these would be good choices to go together.

I.E, if one doesn't have support for something, then the other one has support for it, etc.

Also, what is the best micro sd for the ez4 lite deluxe?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Both play DS roms/homebrew very well and the EZ4LD is top notch on GBA. Both have extensive support and are well known.

The EZ4 line lacks RTC but you can patch it quite easily for the 4/5 roms that use it http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?system=gba&section=patch (you can see there but some pokemon and boktai).

Depends on what you want to do, if it is just GBA then any old junk one (save an old 64 meg phone one) will do. If you want to run high performance DS roms/homebrew (castlevania portrait of ruin, megaman 5 sounds/movies and some moonshell stuff etc) then whatever is good for the r4 is good there as well.

You can use the EZ4 for browser RAM and you can also use the EZ4 ram to run GBA games stored on the R4.

Edit: depending on who you speak to the R4 is losing some of its lustre, with the cycloDS and G6DS real being the two "kings of carts but I would not read much into that. It has to be said though the r4 will probably never see SDHC compatibility.

3. Kuromadoshi
    OP

Newcomer Kuromadoshi Member

United States
    Basically I want to run DS homebrews/roms, and GBA homebrews/roms.

And want snes/nes/gb/gbc support.

And DSlinux.

[​IMG] Hope I'm not expecting too much.

**What is sdhc anyways? Sorry if I sound oblivious [​IMG]

****And is there a better card for dsl that will support RTC as well?