Gaming Help on Port Forwarding my D-Link 2520U DSL modem.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,

Since it has no Port Forwarding section on its settings, The closest thing I could find was Port Triggering, so I set both start and end of triggering to a number and used that same number on the port section, as I deducted. But I don't still have incoming connection on my uTorrent.

What shall I do?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find out how to do it via Router Settings. So were gonna do it the n00b way.

Download & Install Simple Port Forwarding from here.

Launch it, close all extra windows opened by the program except for the one labled "Simple Port Forwarding by PCWinTech.com". (so close the "Tip" and "Get Started" window).

From the drop down menu choose, "D-Link DSL-2520U (D-Link Firmware)". Type in the router IP (if needed) and enter in the router's Username & Password so the program can have access so it. (Don't worry I scanned it with BitDefender, it found nothing. Scan for yourself if you'd like.)

Right-Click on the rectangular blank space and click "Add New". Find the dropdown menu which is under " or choose a special program (such as P2P programs)". Select uTorrent. (The program will automatically find the port being used in uTorrent via internal settings.)

In the Lower Left Hand corner, type in your IP address. Click Add. Close the "Add New Port to Forward" window bringing you back to the main window. Click Update router.

In Utorrent, Click Options --> Speed Guide --> Check If Port if Forwarded Properly. That should open up your current web browser stating the forwarded port's status.

Hope I helped

~ Jon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.