nodacrunch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
can please some help me cause my r4 won't work with my new 4gb micro sd its just stuck/hang on the loading screen but when i tried it with my previous 1gig micro sd it just worked fine.could some determined what's the problem?cause i need the 4gb micro sd memory space for other media stuff like music and videos and pics etc...

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
nodacrunch said:
can please some help me cause my r4 won't work with my new 4gb micro sd its just stuck/hang on the loading screen but when i tried it with my previous 1gig micro sd it just worked fine.could some determined what's the problem?cause i need the 4gb micro sd memory space for other media stuff like music and videos and pics etc...

its not r4sdhc is it?
you can't use SD carts bigger than 2GB on a normal R4

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The "problem"* most likely is that you have an original R4 which does not support MicroSDHC.
Non-SDHC MicroSD's have a capacity of 4GB maximum, however the VAST majority of 4GB cards are SDHC. The few 4GB Non-SDHC cards are extremely expensive when compared to SDHCs (a 4GB NonSDHC will run you ~$50, when that $50 could get you a 16GB MicroSDHC).
And even if you DO buy one, they aren't guaranteed to work since they are considered 'non standard'.

I really don't consider owning an original R4 a problem, since it's one of the better non-DSi carts out right now in terms of compatibility and speed of updating thanks to WoodR4.

nodacrunch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arrr..so what i should i do should i buy a r4 that is compatible with 4gb micro sd? >.<

Is there a way to upgrade a normal r4 to be compatible with 4gb micro sd ^^

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nodacrunch said:
arrr..so what i should i do should i buy a r4 that is compatible with 4gb micro sd? >.<

No, it's impossible
sleep.gif
, buy another card if you want, personally,
lecture.gif
I recommend you to buy a SuperCard DSTWO, is the best Card at this time
smile.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
nodacrunch said:

There is no way to make SDHC work on R4, period.
Please avoid R4 clones as well. I would suggest investing in an Acekard 2 or if you have the extra cash go with a Supercard Two

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. You should get a 2gb stick and be happy that you have arguably one of the best flashcards for the DS. [Acekard 2i and DSTWO I consider for DSi's]

Seriously. 2gb is more than enough space to work with.

If you want to use your 4gb SDHC card, don't get an R4. Get an Acekard 2i or DSTWO. As they're better than the R4 brand in terms of compatibility, working wise, and features.

Acekard 2i

Supercard DSTWO

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
No. You should get a 2gb stick and be happy that you have arguably one of the best flashcards for the DS. [Acekard 2i and DSTWO I consider for DSi's]

i would not say it is one of the best. anyways, why would you consider it for dsi's? they work fine on lites/phats. not to mention acekard 2.1's are marketed for lites/phats

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I consider it that because that's what it's basically meant for, in my mind anyways. But it being one of the best now because of the Wood firmware, bumps it up in terms of compatibility better than A LOT of cards, and with more updates too.

nodacrunch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ahh oke thanks for the info guys but i just thought we can hack games and other stuff why we can't the firmware of this flash cart to upgrade its firmware and more features for that where not gonna buy a new flash cart just get a more feature,compability and etc.. im just so curios about that if there a way^^

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can't do what you ask.

You have 2 choices:[*]Get a flash cart such as the Acekard 2i or DSTWO which works with MicroSDHC cards[*]Only use MicroSD cards, ie those which are 2GB or below.That's it, no hacking the firmware and no workarounds. While there are a few 4GB Micro (non SDHC) cards around, they are non standard and are expensive.

A 2GB card can normally be picked up for peanuts. I imagine you have other devices such as a Mobile phone which can make use of the 4GB card.

nodacrunch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:

You have 2 choices:[*]Get a flash cart such as the Acekard 2i or DSTWO which works with MicroSDHC cards

if i buy r4 sdhc would be that oke and would be compatible with XL & DSi cause i beginning thought to buy a new one for the coming holiday season ^^

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nodacrunch said:
tk_saturn said:

You have 2 choices:[*]Get a flash cart such as the Acekard 2i or DSTWO which works with MicroSDHC cards

if i buy r4 sdhc would be that oke and would be compatible with XL & DSi cause i beginning thought to buy a new one for the coming holiday season ^^
As others have said.. DO NOT get an R4i/R4 SDHC/R4 whatever.
If you absolutely must use the SDHC card get a SuperCardDSTwo or AceKard 2i.

Also, it's impossible to 'hack' the R4 to work with SDHC since it's a hardware limitation not a software one.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. The only cards of the R4's that work with the DSi/XL are the brands that have "R4i" written in it. But you'd be doing yourself a favor by getting an Acekard 2i. There are a lot of problems with R4's that aren't the original like yours.

nodacrunch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if i get a acekar2i would be that possible to plug it to my Lite?

and shadowsoldier i have a question if i order through shoptemp.net if would be possible to pay through western union cause i don't have any credit cards ^^

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Acekard 2i works on everything, same with DSTWO.

And if you can put money into a paypal with your bank, pay that way. I think that's the only way Shoptemp accepts payments is through paypal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)