Gaming Help on my hacked wii 3.3E, I want update to 4.3E and install bootmii

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I want to update my wii 3.3E to 4.3E, how can I do it ?
My wii is hacked (HBC), I need to do something after update ? I lose the hack ? (If yes I can reinstall it)
When I try to install bootmii, it say only as ios, If I update in 4.3, I can install it as boot2 ? (for boot2 I know the risk)
Help me please ^^

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updating to 4.3 won't allow you to install bootmii as boot2. Only very old models of the Wii can install bootmii as boot2. So if it's saying that you can only install it as ios, that means your Wii is too new to install it as boot2, updated or not.

Reactions: Xyphoseos

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
The closest you're going to get is it to install something like priiloader and can allow access to the HBC/bootmii as ios.

But you can never tamper with the bootmii ios, hbc or system menu and it's ios.

If you want 4.3 using the official update method, then you'd need to at least reinstall any cios and bootmii as ios (maybe the HBC, but you can use bannerbomb) and make a bootmii backup before hand just in case.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
The closest you're going to get is it to install something like priiloader and can allow access to the HBC/bootmii as ios.

But you can never tamper with the bootmii ios, hbc or system menu and it's ios.

If you want 4.3 using the official update method, then you'd need to at least reinstall any cios and bootmii as ios (maybe the HBC, but you can use bannerbomb) and make a bootmii backup before hand just in case.
So then why isn't anyone going to install 4.3 as a WAD with something like a WAD installer or DOPMii?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
So then why isn't anyone going to install 4.3 as a WAD with something like a WAD installer or DOPMii?

If you go this method, make sure to install the appropriate system menu IOS along with it.

You'd also have to check for any newer IOS's such as 58.

It's been years since I last looked at manual ways to update the system menu, last vanilla wii I looked at I just updated officially and used bannerbomb.

Reactions: CatmanFan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?