Help on M3 Perfect Lite, G6 Lite or Other? I'm new

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Arther, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Arther
    OP

Newcomer Arther Newbie

United Kingdom
    I'm new to the home brew/flashing meh thing so not even sure if I'm posting in the right section. Anyways since I'm new I could do with some advice on what product to start with.

What features I'd like are:

Emulation......of Games I already own of course (For all gameboy consoles including DS, Megadrive/Genesis, NES, SNES and maybe some more)
    Movies
    MP3
    PDA
    Good memory size so not much swapping.

The two I've been thinking of that I know are available in the UK are:

M3 Perfect Lite
    G6 Lite

The only difference between the two I know of is that the G6 has non-expandable memory of 512mb which seems daft if it's an improved product over the M3. And also I think the G6 has a USB connector attached.

1: So first question....other than I just mentioned....what's the difference between G6 Lite and M3 Perfect Lite?
    2: For my needs, which would be the better choice for me?
    3: Are there more emulation consoles available than the two products state from say the home-brew scene?
    4: Is there an even better alternative to the M3 and G6?

On to Passcards....

Well the most common seems to be PassCard 3 as it usually comes as a bundle with the M3 or G6 so...

5: Is there a better option?
    6: Erm....this is gonna sound daft to most here but what's the difference between the passcard and M3/G6? (I'm not sure what it's for but know I need it)

From my current knowledge I'm favouring the M3 Perfect Lite option of the two due to the removable memory but hopefully with your help I can be sure on what to purchase even if something completely different. If I've posted in the wrong section then please forgive me....it's all a little daunting to me and thanks for any advice you can give me. [​IMG]

Arther. [​IMG]

p.s. Here's where I'm thinking of getting it from, anyone used them before? if so any good? Model-Gadget (M3 Perfect Lite & Passcard 3) - Feel free to point me to other UK sites.

2. Mr.squeeks

Newcomer Mr.squeeks Member

United States
    None really, the G6 uses internal memory and the M3 uses removable storage.
    Sounds like you would be happier with the M3
    There are alternatives, but I don't consider any of them to be better.
    Nope, again there are alternatives, but none that offer any advantage.
    The job of a Passcard is to bypass the internal security of the DS and allow unsigned DS code (ROMs/Homebrew) to run from the GBA slot (the M3/G6) in DS mode. So the Passcard can be thought of as the key that allows your M3/G6 to run.

Good choice, I'll let some one from the UK give you any info on if that is a good deal or a good ship to trade with since I don't have a clue, sorry.

3. Arther
    OP

Newcomer Arther Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the info....just needed some reassurance that it's the right choice before spending all that money.

Thanks again. [​IMG]