[Help] O3DS 8.1 and GW? What are the options?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Fatalanus, May 9, 2015.

1. Fatalanus
    OP

Fatalanus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Romania
    Guys I need your help, with the title.
    - I know I can downgrade it for GW and I'll loose all my saves
    - I know I can get the online activation but it'll stay in 8.1

Something i missed?

Bonus question: I'll be able to transfer my retail save of MH4U from retail to a .cia version on emunand?

You're awesome for your answers in advance.

2. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    You won't lose the saves provided you back them up and play them with roms, BUT...

for retail saves on 8.x and above you will need to extract them with NTR 2.0 and that requires n3ds + cubic ninja

So unless you are planning to get another unit (like n3ds), downgrade is not recommended in your case.

3. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    For the bonus question you can install the legit version, download the save data transfert tool in the eshop, then use it to transfer your save, but it's a one way transfer.

4. Fatalanus
    OP

Jan 4, 2015
    Romania
    Guys, I would like to thank you for your answers.

VerseHell, I guess I have to download the Save Data Transfert tool on the Sysnand, right?
    Arkansaw, it's complicated, as a solution. Indeed for the games that need to keep the saves it's mostly for MH4U retail cart and Pokemon ORAS .cia. So I think indeed I'll not downgrade.

GW will bring the cubic ninja exploit on O3DS, you think? Because to have only online activation for 8.1 and higher sucks imo. :D
    A thread here exist with people showing the need of this feature? If not maybe I should open one?

5. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    "VerseHell, I guess I have to download the Save Data Transfert tool on the Sysnand, right?"

No, on 9.7 emunand.

6. Fatalanus
    OP

Jan 4, 2015
    Romania
    Awesome, thank you! I'll try your method when i'll be ready.
    Now let's hope GW will release something better for 8.1-9.2 O3DS than an online activation exploit. Crossed fingers!