Hacking Help! Nintendo DS wont turn on!

Rangent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I've never actually had my battery discharge the entire way before, but I think I may have left it on because when I hit the power button, the DS doesn't turn on.

Anyway... I pluged my DS into the wall and the little battery light (the red one on the left) flashes briefly, but wont stay on when I keep it plugged in. I'm hoping that it flashes to let me know that it is charging, but the charge is too low right now or something... I'm not sure what the deal is. I bought my DS used and only received the DS and the power cable (no manual) so I can't check the manual, and the official website is no help either. I've had the DS for nearly a year now but this has never happened to me so far. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone have any idea what is happening?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that the battery has reached it's end of life; the DS batteries can only be charged 500 times before they disable themselves. Lithium ion batteries can be a fire hazard if you charge them too many times.

Rangent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that the battery has reached it's end of life; the DS batteries can only be charged 500 times before they disable themselves. Lithium ion batteries can be a fire hazard if you charge them too many times.
Mega bummer! So I am forced to change out the battery? Is there any way to bypass the 500 time charge?

Rangent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its like about to become barney safety!!

Suggestion:
buy new DSL
buy new battery
Batteries aren't that volitle. Worse comes to worse, they get a bit warmer and battery life a bit shorter. Not worth buying another one if I could help it... but blah... anyone know where to get a cheap battery/screwdriver? (I think I may have a screwdriver that could work)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1