Help! Nintendo DS wont turn on!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rangent, Jan 16, 2007.

Jan 16, 2007
  1. Rangent
    OP

Member Rangent GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey everyone. I've never actually had my battery discharge the entire way before, but I think I may have left it on because when I hit the power button, the DS doesn't turn on.

Anyway... I pluged my DS into the wall and the little battery light (the red one on the left) flashes briefly, but wont stay on when I keep it plugged in. I'm hoping that it flashes to let me know that it is charging, but the charge is too low right now or something... I'm not sure what the deal is. I bought my DS used and only received the DS and the power cable (no manual) so I can't check the manual, and the official website is no help either. I've had the DS for nearly a year now but this has never happened to me so far. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone have any idea what is happening?

2. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    battery...

3. Rangent
    OP

United States
    Thank you, but do you mean that the battery is dead, or that it is just discharged? Can I recharge it or is it beyond recovery?

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    It's possible that the battery has reached it's end of life; the DS batteries can only be charged 500 times before they disable themselves. Lithium ion batteries can be a fire hazard if you charge them too many times.

5. Rangent
    OP

United States
    Mega bummer! So I am forced to change out the battery? Is there any way to bypass the 500 time charge?

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Lithium batteries can burst into flames if used improperly. Even if I knew a way around that limit (I don't) I wouldn't post it here.

7. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    its like about to become barney safety!!

Suggestion:
    buy new DSL
    buy new battery

8. Rangent
    OP

United States
    Batteries aren't that volitle. Worse comes to worse, they get a bit warmer and battery life a bit shorter. Not worth buying another one if I could help it... but blah... anyone know where to get a cheap battery/screwdriver? (I think I may have a screwdriver that could work)