[HELP] New r4 Gold Pro Sdhc 2017 stuck on startup White Screen

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TypeNull, May 2, 2017.

1. TypeNull
    OP

TypeNull Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2017
    United States
    Capture.PNG I recently bought a new r4 3ds upgrade sdhc gold pro 2017 and when I first booted it up on my New 3ds xl it got stuck on the white screen. I have done a few things like formatting the sd card using the sd card formatter and replaced the original files with the latest files but nothing seems to work. I am a noob to the whole r4 business, please help. The picture shows the only files it came with, if i need anything else please let me know.

Attached Files:

Last edited by TypeNull, May 2, 2017
  2. Dekky

Dekky Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2017
    United States
    Did you update the firmware from the website depicted on the sticker of the card? Did you purchase the card from an unknown dealer? I purchased an r4i card from a shady flashcart site and ended up with a cheap piece of plastic that didn't work at all, I could easily pop open the cartridge and see the insides of the card. My current r4i dual core with real time save from the same manufacturer as your card works great on firmware 11.3 after updating the firmware. Some games did lead to a white screen on load, but after updating the firmware it ran flawlessly.

Judging by the sticker on your card and its over all cheap look, I don't think your card is a genuine r4i. My r4i Dual Core looks a lot better than that and the plastic cartridge is a solid piece.

3. TypeNull
    OP

TypeNull Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2017
    United States
    i purchased the r4 from amazon and i have tried replacing the original files with the latest R4i-V3.9b English update. It still doesnt work... maybe it might be a fake but im not sure

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

although it is strange that the r4 recognizes when the sd card is missing because if i click on the bomberman icon on the 3ds start screen it boots and says "NO CARD" with a white background

Attached Files:

4. Dekky

Dekky Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2017
    United States
    Sometimes the pins in the flashcarts don't make perfect contact in the cartridge slot, you could try gently inserting some paper between the flashcarts pins and the plastic case to force the pins down a bit more. Just be careful and gentle, don't try to force anything. The flashcart I had I could just pop the whole case open and stuff some paper behind it.

It looks like you downloaded the latest kernel and doesn't appear to be a firmware update for your card at this time, I would suggest deleting all the files on the SD card and try reinstalling the 3 folders and r4.dat file to the root of your SD card and try loading it up again.

What firmware is your New 3DS on?

5. Bigkuhuna24

Bigkuhuna24 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    Bigkuhuna24 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 17, 2017
    United States
  6. TypeNull
    OP

TypeNull Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2017
    United States
    Im currently on ver. 11.3.0-36U
    if it isnt too much to ask, can you upload the files you have on the root of your sd card that way i can test and see if any of the files i downloaded are corrupted or something. If you cant then its totally cool.

is that the official website were i can purchase an r4?

7. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    no there's no official one anymore... r4 was the original cardridge, but each manufacturer has his own custom firmware... could be your 3ds has latest firmware, while your card needs to be updated
    if you can find someone with a ds (just the basic model... you can update your model for sure with that system...websites namme is on the back of the card...with the pins... you can't update the card after your 3ds is updated... so always check your flashcart page for detailes before updating your handheld.

8. Dekky

Dekky Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2017
    United States
    I can upload them, but I use a different card, not sure if the files are compatible between card models, and is it against forum rules to upload files from another site?

http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-dual-core/

This is the link I use to update my cards kernel, I can look up the website in which I purchased my card. The first one I purchased for 9.99 was a fake, my genuine card cost 18$ and I was able to play all the way through Chrono Trigger recently with an excellent save state feature and fully working sleep mode.

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/662166/P5tV9STUGz8g0K6S/R4.rar

Here are the kernel files that I use on my card, taken directly from the SD card slot and confirmed working on my 3DS. I hope they help.

Also I use a 32gb Sandisk Ultra PLUS SD card, I have heard that 64gb+ cards can cause problems with flashcarts, but I have yet to test it with anything larger.

Attached Files:

9. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-dual-core/ downloads should work for your model
    and so should:
    http://www.r4wood.com/pages/R4i-SDHC-Kernel.html

10. TypeNull
    OP

TypeNull Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2017
    United States
    while i wait to find my old dsi to try and update the r4
    i was wondering if anyone knew a legit r4 website to purchase one
    lastly thank everyone for the help!