Hacking Help needed with Wii hacking - unable to control any app run from homebrew channel

duxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Hello...

I am totally new in Wii hacking and need some help. I would like to be able to run my games from HDD, in order to keep my game CDs away from children.

I've studdied lots of guides on lifewire, lifehacker, complete softmod guide and gbatemp "NOOB PARADISE - ask away" thread to start with. I've successfully installed homebrew channel and BootMii as IOS (my Wii is 4.3E version). I have done NAND backup to SD card in BootMii too. But I am not able to continue. Every application I run from homebrew channel disconnects my wiimote and I cannot do anything except for turning the Wii off by long pressing the Off button on the Wii itself. I've tried DOP-Mii (v16), Priiloader 236 Mod and StartPatch with the same effect. App just starts and awaits any imput from me. But I cannot do anything with wiimote nor with the buttons on Wii itself.

Can anybody help please?

Dusan

duxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Thanks. Yes, it is Wiimote Plus... I will try it this evening when I am home, but I would bet I've used the same Priiloader as the one provided by ModMii... maybe not. I will let you know.
But if I understand it right, it would be best to have an older Wiimote without Plus for such cases, right?

duxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Yeah... I have one Wiimote "Plus", bought from China via eBay, which works great with those applications.

Anyway, I've used the MiiMod and started all the softmod from beginning (except for installing Hombrew Channel and BootMii). I have to say big THANK YOU. It has done great job, I've succesfully installed cIOS and Priiloader, enabled recommended Priiloadr hacks and have also the USB loader installed.

Anyway, I'm still confused about how to use HDD, I didn't understand this part in the guide generated by MiiMod, but am still working on it, I'm not going to give it up now :)

Thanks again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over