Hacking Help needed with Vita Launcher App and PSP/PSX games

bubble51

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

is there a step-by-step tutorial how to get the PSP/PSX games work from the PS Vita Launcher app? I've managed to create a bubble with bubble manager just for testing purposes. But when I launch this bubble I constantly get the c1-2758-2-error. Same with Launcher app. The titles are shown but I cannot launch them from the app (same error!).

But: When I boot up to adrenaline and launch the games from there, everything works fine.

Help is pretty much appreciated, since im a total noob in PS Vita.

Regards

P.S. I'm on 3.60, PS TV and I've installed the latest versions of Adrenaline, Bubble Manager and Adrenaline Launcher (at least I think so :-)

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi,

is there a step-by-step tutorial how to get the PSP/PSX games work from the PS Vita Launcher app? I've managed to create a bubble with bubble manager just for testing purposes. But when I launch this bubble I constantly get the c1-2758-2-error. Same with Launcher app. The titles are shown but I cannot launch them from the app (same error!).

But: When I boot up to adrenaline and launch the games from there, everything works fine.

Help is pretty much appreciated, since im a total noob in PS Vita.

Regards

P.S. I'm on 3.60, PS TV and I've installed the latest versions of Adrenaline, Bubble Manager and Adrenaline Launcher (at least I think so :-)

For PSP games and PS1 eboots you indeed use Adrenaline.

https://github.com/ONElua/AdrenalineBubbleManager

There is also Retroarch for PS1 games but is not worth it on the Vita, save for very specific games that refuses to work otherwise.

Try the guide here:

https://vita.hacks.guide/adrenaline.html

Last edited by raxadian,

bubble51

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Adrenaline works fine when I launch it. And the PSP games wok fine if I launch them while I'm inside of Adrenaline.
My prob is launching the PSP games via bubble from live area or via PS Vita Launcher app. I can see the app "Adrenaline Launcher" starting but then I get the c1-2758-2 error.
The linked guide shows how to install Adrenaline. But I did this already and it's working...

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Adrenaline works fine when I launch it. And the PSP games wok fine if I launch them while I'm inside of Adrenaline.
My prob is launching the PSP games via bubble from live area or via PS Vita Launcher app. I can see the app "Adrenaline Launcher" starting but then I get the c1-2758-2 error.
The linked guide shows how to install Adrenaline. But I did this already and it's working...

You have to launch the games inside Adrenaline, is an emulator, is the whole point. That's like saying you want to play a console game without the console or something rlse to run it with.

If you want to make shortcuts to specific games to be opened with Adrenaline that's a different thing.

Don't use the launcher app if you can help it, it has problems with some things.

You can rearrange your apps so Adrenaline is one of the first things you see on your Vita if you want.

bubble51

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know Adrenaline is some kind of emulation. And I know that it have to be launched If I wanna play PSP games.

THIS is what I'm talking about: h(t)tps://gbatemp.net/threads/release-vita-launcher-app-to-launch-games-and-apps.574644/

With this app I can launch PSP games directly from the app. So I don't have to start Adrenaline manually and fumble the game out of this cumbersome cross-media-bar. I can arrange my games, categorize them, mark them as favourites and so on. And I KNOW it is working in conjunction with BubbleManager and AdrenalineLauncher. But not for me....
Therefore I did this test with BubbleManager and AdrenalineLauncher for testing purpose. I can add a bubble to live area (including correct PSP game icon) and when I launch the bubble AdrenalineLauncher (the app) is launched. So it IS possible to launch PSP games without launching the Adrenaline Emulator, because the AdrenalineLauncher is doing this for you...

There is even a video from the programmer of PS Vita Launcher that shows how to configure for PSP games. But it doesn't work for me...
THX for your support though!

Last edited by bubble51,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I know Adrenaline is some kind of emulation. And I know that it have to be launched If I wanna play PSP games.

THIS is what I'm talking about: h(t)tps://gbatemp.net/threads/release-vita-launcher-app-to-launch-games-and-apps.574644/

With this app I can launch PSP games directly from the app. So I don't have to start Adrenaline manually and fumble the game out of this cumbersome cross-media-bar. I can arrange my games, categorize them, mark them as favourites and so on. And I KNOW it is working in conjunction with BubbleManager and AdrenalineLauncher. But not for me....
Therefore I did this test with BubbleManager and AdrenalineLauncher for testing purpose. I can add a bubble to live area (including correct PSP game icon) and when I launch the bubble AdrenalineLauncher (the app) is launched. So it IS possible to launch PSP games without launching the Adrenaline Emulator, because the AdrenalineLauncher is doing this for you...

The problem is that you are using three apps at the same time, so things are more likely to crash. Add the fact one of the apps is an emulator and no wonder you are having problems. Make sure to check the apps release notes and bugs. Make sure you have the latest steble version of the Apps. Make sure your firmware is not the one causing trouble. Unless you are on 3.60 or 3.65 you don't have a permanent hack, and in those cases 3 apps open is gonna cause trouble.

Edit: Try to reinstall all three apps with EasyVPK.

Last edited by raxadian,

bubble51

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've found the SOLUTION:

Moving the usbmc-plugin to first position and re-installing AdrenalineBubbleBooter did the trick for me.
I've seen the clue with the usbmc-plugin multiple times while discussing other issues but I've never thought about the reason why.

In my case bubblebooter is installed on ux0 and is only reachable if and after the usb-plugin has mounted the usb hdd. So the order of the plugins was crucial.

Reactions: raxadian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol