Help needed updating luma 3ds and safely updating Sys-nand 11.1 !

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jeffsmith, Oct 2, 2016.

1. jeffsmith
    OP

jeffsmith Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2016
    I've had Luma 3ds installed for quite a while now but I've seen it thrown around that in order to safely update to Sysnand 11.1 (to use boot NTR etc.) I need a newer version (such as v6.3.1).

I downloaded the newest version of Luma 3ds and extracted the folder but the Github guide says I only need to copy 'arm9loaderhax.bin' to the root of my SD card if I'm using 'ARM9LoaderHax' which I am.

What are all the extra files in the Luma3ds folder I downloaded for if only need 'arm9loaderhax.bin'? Do I need to do anything with them?

How would I safely update to Sys-nand 11.1 with this information?

2. RaikouKun

RaikouKun Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    If you have A9LH, just dump arm9loaderhax.bin to root of your SD card. You don't need to do anything else, as stated here.
    Once you are in Luma mode (Go to System settings, if you see sys *version number* to confirm) you can update safely as you have A9LH. :)

3. jeffsmith
    OP

jeffsmith Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2016
    Thanks!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

But do I need to replace my version of 'arm9loaderhax.bin' on the sd card with the one in the newest version of Luma3ds folder I downloaded?
    Also how exactly would I go about dumping arm9loaderhax.bin. Sorry it's been a while since I've last done it and the details are hazy!

4. Sykoh
    This message by Sykoh has been removed from public view by Minox, Oct 2, 2016, Reason: If you're not gonna help then don't post.
    Oct 2, 2016
  5. RaikouKun

RaikouKun Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    Yes, use the latest armloader9hax.bin always. After you have it there and you are in Luma mode, you can install Luma Updater (here) to update from console. No need to hassle with FTP/SD Card.

6. WeedZ
    This message by WeedZ has been removed from public view by Minox, Oct 2, 2016, Reason: Response to deleted post.
    Oct 2, 2016
  7. jeffsmith
    This message by jeffsmith has been removed from public view by Minox, Oct 2, 2016, Reason: Response to deleted post.
    Oct 2, 2016
  8. jeffsmith
    OP

jeffsmith Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2016
    Okay so I did all that and...it worked perfectly. That's what happens when people give clear instructions. Would recommend/10.