help needed to run mario galaxy

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by din75, Nov 1, 2007.

Nov 1, 2007
  1. din75
    OP

Newcomer din75 Member

United Kingdom
    I've succesfully updated my pal wii to 3.1E & updated the firmware on my wiikey to 1.9g & have also tested it where homer simpson says youre all crazy.
    I've then run the 1.3 wiikey setup disk to change it to regionfree setup & saved it.

Then I've tried to run the galaxy iso burnt regionfriid to pal (in order to do the 10% trick) but when i put this disk in it no picture icon comes on for the disk so I click on it & it says system update initiating so I start updating but before it gets to 10% it just automatically stops & says the wii update failed & doesnt do it (this happens after about 5 or 6% of the update)

I then try another copy which is brickblocked & regionfriid to pal, (which u are supposed to run after the 10% trick ) but this brings up the title screen & when I press A to play after the title screen a blue box comes up & says check your instruction manual

where am I going wrong?

2. d3ltr33

Newcomer d3ltr33 Member

Australia
    I don't think you're supposed to regionfrii or brickblock it if it is anything like metroid. DO NOT DO THIS until you have heard from someone who actually knows 100%, but i believe you burn the clean iso and let the update run normally. No brickblock or regionfrii...

i don't know why you're using regionfrii anyway since the wiikey handles that [​IMG]

But yeh, once the update runs thru you will get duplicate channels, but other than that it shouldn't brick your wii.

3. din75
    OP

Newcomer din75 Member

United Kingdom
    i have now tried to run a clean galaxy iso too updat, but when i run it it starts the update & when it gets to about 10% it automatically stops & says the same thing that the updat failed. If i try to run this again it then only gets to abt 5 or 6%. So i am still having the same problem. anyone got any ideas why?