Help needed - G6 Manager problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Omnigamer, Jan 22, 2007.

Jan 22, 2007
  1. Omnigamer
    OP

Newcomer Omnigamer Advanced Member

United States
    I've looked around a bit and haven't been able to find anything else related to this problem... hopefully somebody will have some ideas.

My G6 Lite arrived today, and everything worked fine on my first few writes. But when I tried to select multiple files to write at once in the NDS manager, it loaded only one of them, and now every time I try to write a new ROM to it, it gives me an instant "Write OK!" after selecting read settings, without actually writing the ROM. I've tried uninstalling/re-installing the manager, clearing the other files off of the cart, and updating the loader on the cart, but nothing's worked so far. When the cart loads on a DS, everything works fine. The last thing I can think of doing is reformatting the cart, but I want to save that as an absolute last resort in the event that there's a different solution.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    This situation has come up before, so I'm going to assume you're trying to dump via the zip files.

2 choices, extract the .nds from the zip or delete all files other than .nds from the zip

3. Omnigamer
    OP

United States
    I'm trying to load directly using the .nds files. The first few times I did it, when I was writing the files one at a time, worked fine with no problems. Only after I tried to load multiple files at once did this start occurring, and has been happening since.

4. capt.fruitcake

Newcomer capt.fruitcake Advanced Member

Netherlands
    happens to me with zip files that have the nfo's and other junk in them they. simply unzip and write the nds file as others said here above.

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Try writing the roms to the hard disk with the U-disk manager. (Just select the HD as the drive when you start the program.)

If the problem happens even when not writing to the G6, then the manager is borked and you should uninstall & reinstall. If writing the patched roms to the HD does work, you can just do that and copy the files to the G6 with windows explorer.

6. springah

Member springah GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    or reformat the g6, might just not be able to write to it due to some sort of corruption? scandisk if u dont wanna format...

7. Omnigamer
    OP

United States
    It writes fine to the hard drive. However, I would rather not have to go through that process every time I want to transer data to the cart... hopefully there is another fix beyond that. But for now, I can make due. Thanks for the help.

8. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    It's remotely possible that uninstalling & reinstalling the u-disk manager might help, but you will probably have to reformat the G6 and run the maintenance utility on it to fix the problem.

9. Omnigamer
    OP

United States
    Fixed everything. Apparently the NDS folder became corrupt but was still viewed as a usable folder (?). Deleting that folder and then simply making a new one allowed me to load things normally again. Thanks to everyone that offered advice.

10. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    glad you got it working.