Help needed from a returned hacker

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ng80092a, Aug 6, 2010.

Aug 6, 2010
  1. ng80092a
    OP

Newcomer ng80092a Advanced Member

Portugal
    ***edit: i'm currently working on it, and i think ill be able to pull it of as i wished, so if nothing else is said, thanks blue-k and c.s.i.***

so, long time since i did a deep study trough ios, cios, boot2, and other things i don't remember so i could exactly understand what was happening with everything i was doing on my 3.4E wii...

i need your help cause this summer i don't have the time to understand all of the news around, and i don't remember many things (or at least the few hours i took reading stuff aren't enough to be sure if things will go as i want)

i'm still not sure if i'll update to 4.2 or 4.3, but probably i'll go for 4.3 cause i don't wanna have to do it next year again
    so, please take it easy, and you don't have to answer everything if you don't know, just help where you can

-i wanna update my wii to 4.2 or 4.3 using a game (i don't have it connected to the internets) after restoring the backup i did on boot2
    can you point out games that will do it?

-i will then try to update hackmii to the latest version, if bootmii is still there i'll go trough hbc, as i think it was imbebed, if i'm wrong i'll just bannerbomb, or indiana pwn it if i'm on 4.3 (i think i can still read how to do that [​IMG])
    here i just need to know if bootmii will still be installed on boot2

---------------------------------
    and untill that i know what i gotta exactly do,
    after this i just dont remember, do i have to restore trucha bug? i know i did it on my 3.4E
    will hbc get upside down? i think reinstalling it used to make him work on ios35, and so ios36 that was restored wouldn't be used
    i need offline original ios files to install waninkoko cios
    is hermes still used?
    ---------------------------------

-then i wanna restore trucha bug (i do need help on this, cause i don't remember the offline files i needed, and how it works in 4.2/4.3)

-reinstall hbc so it doesn't get upside down

-install the latest cios from waninkoko (what offline wad files i need again? and where to place it?)

honestly, if you can't help but if you took the time to read believe me, i'm deeply grateful
    thank you

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Btw, imo, you're not a hacker. Hacker actually search for and create exploits, for example, in my definition. You're more a noob.

Here's a Tip: Just follow this Tutorial. Just follow it Step-by-Step, that's the best and easiest solution for you.

3. ng80092a
    OP

Portugal
    i don't think all the insulting was needed, but thanks btw

4. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland

5. ng80092a
    OP

Portugal
    i'v read that tutorial before posting and didnt went trough cause it raised some doubts, but ok..
    so now you use a multi mod manager to do almost everything for you

i'm pretty sure i need a few ios files on the sd card to restore the trucha bug, as i said i don't have an internet connection on my wii

also i knew i didnt understand very well the requisites on waninkoko so i'll post them right here

""[ REQUISITES ]:

- The WAD file of the IOS version to be used as base (for WAD installation).
    - Network connection (for Network installation).""

i'll repeat myself just to make sure you understand, i don't have an internet connection on it, so i need to place the wad files on the sd card and i don't know wich are needed, also, what ios version should i use as base?

damn man, thank you for being so insultive, so mind absent, placing a big post where you answer to nothing, and where you drive away other people that could be helpfull

6. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    If you use the links Blue-K gave you above, then you do NOT need an Internet connection for the Wii.

All the required files are downloaded via PC, then copied to an SD card. Its an 'Off-line' install.

Just follow the guide. You have to read somewhat if you want to mod your wii. It's not going to do it itself.

7. ng80092a
    OP

Portugal
    thank you, i think i'll be able to do it