GCN Help needed for starting NGC homebrew noobie

TuBBe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Alas, first i must say: gbatemp comes to rescue again when you least except it! Im glad that there is still so active forums about NGC considering its age.

So, to my real subject. I decided my NGC needed some sweet love again(best console ever imho), and i bumbed to this: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/wiikey-sd-card-adapter-for-wii-3993
Since the day i ordered it, ive been trying to do some furious googleing about the subject, but cant really find anything solid information about how to make it work, only fragments of info here and there.

I figured i needed Action replay for NGC, but the newest versions of them wont work anymore, so i cant really order one from amazon anymore? Then there is some talk about program/what ever it is called swiss. Its been up few times already, and i decided to dl it, i just have no idea how to use it...

So please, if anyone could help me with this, like step by step instructions or point me to right direction/another website where i could find the info i need.

Also, if the sd card adapter wont work for my NGC, then i will just buy another one, any recommendations? NGC games are so awesome, just so damn expensive these days.

Thanks!

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
You need something called the sd media launcher. It comes with a compatible sd card adapter.

Reactions: 1 person

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sd media launcher might just be a little hard to fing these days there one on ebay for 40$ not including shipping. At that price you might want to pick yourself a used wii instead i am sure you can find one under 100$ locally.

The other option is to get a modchip. It requires soldering skill but you can find one for 20$ or under. Its the prefered way because you will get no issues with audio streaming while all other options don't do the audio streaming properly.

Note that the maker of swiss put the project on hold to work on DML which i can say works awesome!

Reactions: 2 people

TuBBe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sd media launcher might just be a little hard to fing these days there one on ebay for 40$ not including shipping. At that price you might want to pick yourself a used wii instead i am sure you can find one under 100$ locally.

Google search brought me to this, any idea if that site is trustworthy? Price isint too bad imho.

http://us.codejunkie...__EF000589.aspx

Also, can you tell me more about that audio streaming issue? The sounds ingame wont work with softmods? does SD media launcher have that problem aswell?

edit #2: Im rly starting to lean to that codejunkie SD medialauncher. If someone has something to say why i shouldnt please tell now ;P

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically yes i found on google a list of the games affected. Basically problem can go from sound glitches to crash. Every softmod way including newer wii modchips (aka solderless) have this problem. So its not really a big deal.

TuBBe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Basically yes i found on google a list of the games affected. Basically problem can go from sound glitches to crash. Every softmod way including newer wii modchips (aka solderless) have this problem. So its not really a big deal.
So does this affect when you are playing NGC games with NGC, or just when playing NGC games with Wii?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So does this affect when you are playing NGC games with NGC, or just when playing NGC games with Wii?

Unfortunately, both. But we don't know the future someone will maybe find another workaround.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse