Hacking Help Needed For 4.1U Wii (Originally Korean)

pumpkinmaster7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
You probably saw the title of this post and went,
'there's still a guy who wants assistances about a Korean Wii that he bought from his retailer which was in the U.S Region'
Well its my first time homebrewing it as of 2011 when I last played with it.
Which basically means I have no understanding of basic concepts (kind of) such as IOS and Region Changing.
I would like to ask help if you could help me update my region changed 4.1U Wii into a 4.3U Wii. Btw, it is already softmodded.
I have no idea how to do this, as I don't know the sequence.
(4.1U -> 4.1K -> 4.3K -> 4.1U) OR (other options)

If you have a link with a tutorial that we be also helpful (please don't be too harsh as its my first post!)

Before you ask me why I want to upgrade,
1. Its because I want to use Riiconnect24 (on Wii.guide, it says firmware should be 4.3) - I'm probably incorrect
2. Also if there's something people say you shouldn't do, it makes me want to do it even more :D

Thank You for reading this idiot's post!

pumpkinmaster7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess rip because I updated my wii, installed riiconnect24 without remember that this wii was a korean one.
Thus, my wii is bricked with a 003 :D
Edit: The Update was not performed by ModMii because when I did a Syscheck I found out that my wii was 4.3U.
Last time I checked it was 4.1U so I don't know what happened, maybe it was because of the sys updated I tried and failed on my Wii.

Last edited by pumpkinmaster7,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So you JUST did an official Nintendo update? After I said not to update using any method other than ModMii?

How could you have run a Syscheck that says you're on 4.3U, I thought the update to 4.3 is what bricked you?

Edit: all you should need to recover is a patched IOS60 to slot 80. Modmii would have done this for u had you used it and prevented this brick.

If you have a nand backup there's hope, but you would need to either buy equipment or pay someone to do the recovery who has the equipment/skills like DeadlyFoez.

Last edited by XFlak,

pumpkinmaster7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I could boot the system with 4.3U because I have a syscheck.csv file that shows that my wii was 4.3U and was originally Korean.
Thus, I believed that somehow (probably standby mode on wii) my wii updated. Until here, my wii was not bricked. However, installing Riiconnect24 patched my wiis ios 80 (used for 4.3 firmware I believe?) Well I believe there's a modchip in my wii and I could find a gc controller so I just need to burn disks if I'm not mistaken.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u can get into a homebrew environment using a modchip you can just reinstall the right system menu ios instead of trying to futs around with a nand backup.

Or maybe remove Korean kii? I'm not familiar with that procedure or all it's consequences

Last edited by XFlak,

pumpkinmaster7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I get into a homebrew environment?
I'm not sure if I have a modchip but I can boot burned disks because the seller I bought from
gave me non-legitamate disks (probably iso burned).

pumpkinmaster7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks So much guys for helping me out!
reinstall the right system menu ios
How would I do that if I boot into SSMB? (load a .dol/.elf file from the sd card?)
Also, can't I use SSBB NTSC-U for the smash stack exploit? Most guides that I've been to stated that PAL is needed?
Edit: Found out that gamecube controller is broken so I'll need to find a new one...

Last edited by pumpkinmaster7,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks So much guys for helping me out!

Edit: Found out that gamecube controller is broken so I'll need to find a new one...

To broken for making the SaveMii "Recovery do it yourself Dongle ?

Prepare GameCube Controller

If it is an official controller, it must first be unscrewed. This step may be skipped on 3rd party controllers.

Screw your GameCube Controller with the Tri-Wing Screwdriver, making sure not to misplace the screws. If you have removed all the screws, carefully remove the controller's rear panel and remove all screws from the controller's motherboard, taking care to put them back where you find them.

635px-GameCube_Controller_Rückseite_Schrauben.jpg

When all screws are removed, you can now remove the board of the controller from the case. When removing the board, make sure that the individual rubber pads on the buttons can still stick to it.

800px-GameCube_Controller_Rückseite_abnehmen.jpg

All you have to do now is hold the board with the connection cable in your hand - take the Pad of the D-Pad and place it on the motherboard where the D-Pad was.

691px-GameCube_Controller_-_Vorderseite_Dpad.jpg

Run SaveMiiFrii

- Plug the controller into the fourth port on the Wii console
- Turn on the Wii and hold all buttons of the D-pad pressed simultaneously (or on the rubber where the D-pad was)
- The screen should remain black and (depending on the menu) show the version number of the system menu at the bottom right
- Insert a disc with a newer version of the Wii system menu than the currently installed version and the Wii should update from the disc

pumpkinmaster7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Insert a disc with a newer version of the Wii system menu than the currently installed version and the Wii should update from the disc
Is there a higher version disk that I can run? (Because I'm in 4.3U)
P.S Thanks so much guys for your help but I'll need some time to order it, so please don't be too quick with your instructions.
Sorry!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is there a higher version disk that I can run? (Because I'm in 4.3U)
P.S Thanks so much guys for your help but I'll need some time to order it, so please don't be too quick with your instructions.
Sorry!

Yes,of course.Take your time and all in quiet and piece.:)
You now have "options" to save your Wii from the Junkheap.:D

Reactions: pumpkinmaster7

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Oh Ok. Well can I make SSBB NTSC-U auto bootable?
Or should I use PAL with Mario PWNS because only PAL supports auto boot?
I don't know, but I think the SaveMii/modded GC ctrlr thing works with all Wii Discs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Though, I think a burned CD-R or DVD-R could also work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup