Gaming help needed can the fake pkgs dlcs be unpacked and put them in the games folder that has been dumped

tommy28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have got a question for you and i need to know if this can be done.

right i just dumped friday the 13th the game ps4 off a disc onto hard drive. then i got the dlcs for it, they are fake pkgs of the game but the game is a folder with files in it which is ok cos i really like it that way then the dlcs are fake pkg files.

what i want to know is can the fake pkgs dlcs be unpacked cos i dont really want to install them on my ps4, i want to put them in the games folder that has been dumped off disc.. so the games folder would have the game plus the dlcs in one folder then.

you know when you buy some ps4 games and they have the dlcs on the disc with the game. how is that done? that is what i want to do if it can be done can you please help me with this question.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this is possible. a few weeks ago, I tried doing both a theme and its unlock in one package, and it didn't work. the problem seems to be the license data in the sce_sys folder. you can not change it as it's created automatically by orbis. well, that's sorta right. you can make a package modifiable, but I know themes can't be (probably dlc too). themes and dlc are dumped the same way as they're both considered addcont.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know how it's done on a disc, but you can unpack dlc packages by installing them, then going into pfs/sandbox/addcont iirc, then copying them via ftp. you can then make an unlock package with psdlc (if it needs one). you just need the content id then. I originally thought you meant adding them to a fake package and having the game and dlc work together. the param.sfo (also in the sce_sys folder) is different between game and dlc. you could make a game modifiable, but I don't know what would happen if you messed with the sce_sys. for a game, it uses default settings I believe, so the sce_sys folder is made by orbis while image0 is the rest of the game content. you can make it overwrite a file by using the force command like the keystone for example, just replace the file. remember to do (i.e. sce_sys/keystone) or whatever the file you're overwriting, in command line or it will say that the arguments are wrong in command prompt. I tried both deleting and overwriting the license for a theme, but it said it was unmodifiable or something to that effect. and, creating a theme that way doesn't work either. a game will work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Only people with crazed sexual obsessions browse imgur and posts links from there