Help! Need to update my 3DS, but i'm still with RXTools.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Fenii, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Fenii
    OP

Fenii Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Hey guys, i need a little help, after months without playing with my 3DS, i got to play it again, but currently i'm using Menuhax with RXTools in 10.7. I read that updating to 11.3 in emuNAND would brick my 3DS and installing the Luma3DS will solve the problem, but i don't have idea how to do it and how it works! Any good soul to help me out? Thanks!

2. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    follow the guide at https://3ds.guide/
    Everything there should be straightforward and you should be good to go

gnmmarechal and DinckelMan like this.
  3. Fenii
    OP

Fenii Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Ok, i read all the steps, looks pretty straightfoward, but i still have some questions. I will need a new formatted SD card or i can use my SD card that have the RXTools with emuNAND? I'm currently using a 4GB SD card, should i buy a bigger one or it's ok to use that size? I have some more questions, but depending of the awnsers of the ones i just asked it would be fine. And sorry for being a noob, i ask everything first before doing anything because i don't wanna brick my handheld haha

4. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Make a NAND backup of your EmuNAND and the contents of your SD, then format your SD so you have more space. The guide will cover restoring your EmuNAND dump over your SysNAND once A9LH is installed.

5. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    Just follow the steps that are mentioned in the guide. Backup your sysNAND, transfer that somewhere that's not the mentioned SD card, forget about the emuNAND, and proceed with the steps to prepare for A9LH installation and you'll be all set!

6. Fenii
    OP

Fenii Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Alright, but i won't able to recover the saves from my games in my emuNAND? Following the guide will backup my sysNAND or should i do that with some method?

7. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    You can backup your saves using JKSM.

8. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    ^ that. Install JKSM via the provided .cia, backup all your save files somewhere and then re-inject them into your games once you re-install them :)

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You won't lose anything that's on your emuNAND, it carries over when you move your emuNAND to sysNAND.

10. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2014
    Caloocan
    RXTOOLS MASTER RACE!

TimX24968B likes this.
  11. Fenii
    OP

Fenii Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Thank you all guys for the support! I will be out of town for some days, when i get back probably i will 'jailbreak' my 3DS following the guide. Again, thanks!

12. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    No. Just no. It's not called a jailbreak. :/

EnergeticBark likes this.
  13. Fenii
    OP

Fenii Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    I know, it's just a way to say it, that's why i put 'jailbreak' in quotes :P