Hardware Help Nand Dump

Wesley.eng3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I need some help to Write nand.bin in my 3ds.
I made the conections with my SdCard, its running well, but when I try to write my nand (Using the Win 32 disk image) ,I cant, this messenger apears : An error occurred when attempting to write data to handle.
Someone can help me?

Wesley.eng3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Its what happens... It says it onlyread.

Attachments

• nand.png
    nand.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 245

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good quality pics of the soldering/wires/adapter would actually get you better help. We can't go on the assumption that your problems aren't related to the work done. Is the write protect tab still there? Your error could stem from multiple areas.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is the correct order, but your soldering leaves something to be desired. Try using flux and clean up your soldering. I would also make sure that your wires are not too long as outside interfrearance a\can mess the signal up.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First, check if your PC "see" the USB device from "computer" window page.
You must have a message like you need to format the device to access to it...

If you don't have this message and a solid icon of the device from Windows that means :
- your installation is defective
- and/or the USB card reader you use is not compatible with the (NAND) eMMC of the console.

NB: The console must be power on AFTER having plugged the cable to the USB card reader to get blue screen. When done, connect the console + cable + USB card reader to your PC.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know exactly what this is.

You're missing the lock switch on your SD adapter.. So the reader thinks the card is locked..

This can be fixed either by replacing the little lock switch (you can use glue or tape)
Or, by bridging the two leftmost pins on the SD adapter

Like i did to mine here:
6Hmgu4O.jpg

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know exactly what this is.

You're missing the lock switch on your SD adapter.. So the reader thinks the card is locked..

*snip*
I did ask that in the beginning.
Good quality pics of the soldering/wires/adapter would actually get you better help. We can't go on the assumption that your problems aren't related to the work done. Is the write protect tab still there? Your error could stem from multiple areas.

Wesley.eng3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It is the correct order, but your soldering leaves something to be desired. Try using flux and clean up your soldering. I would also make sure that your wires are not too long as outside interfrearance a\can mess the signal up.
Yes... I'm going to try to cut the cable, Im thing about impedance. My its running well

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

First, check if your PC "see" the USB device from "computer" window page.
You must have a message like you need to format the device to access to it...

If you don't have this message and a solid icon of the device from Windows that means :
- your installation is defective
- and/or the USB card reader you use is not compatible with the (NAND) eMMC of the console.

NB: The console must be power on AFTER having plugged the cable to the USB card reader to get blue screen. When done, connect the console + cable + USB card reader to your PC.
When I plug the Sd on my Pc , I see the messenger To format my sd, so its right... right?!!

Which model is your 3ds?
Its 4.5

Is this Possible to clone some Nand.bin to put in olther 3ds??

Wesley.eng3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I also thought that.
But I also think that the wires are straight soldiers in sdcard.
I'll try soldering without opening the Card.
You have managed to make Nand Dump?
sorry for my English :)

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the card reader thinks write protect is enabled, it won't write.

you need to replace that lock switch on the sd adapter

In RED is the part that your adapter is missing.. In green is where it goes.... some people have used tape, some glue, some have modded the SD adapter like in my image above to ignore the write protect switch.
6A7KPlz.jpg

Anyway, i had the same issue as you... i could make (read) nand dumps, but not write them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: