ROM Hack [HELP] n3ds XL touch screen isn't responding?

DrunkenMonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so I installed a nand mod on the n3ds XL and the first time I put it back together I forgot to put in the analog ribbon cable and now I went back and corrected that issue, but now I've found that the touch controls aren't responding at all.

I was originally running gateway "fast boot" or whatever they wanted to call it so I decided to nand mod (which I probably should've done sooner anyway) and I want to go to regular a9lh with an option to boot the gw menu, since gateway is super restrictive and not terribly customizable.

So yeah, anybody have any idea where I went wrong there? is there a particular ribbon cable that I should check for specifically? or has something went wrong somehow...

I was very gentle taking the cables out and there's no damage on them, so I'm at a loss, just scratching my head

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Um can I hijack this thread for one second?

@godofwrath
May I ask you for a quick little favor?
If you still have your n3ds dismanteled,could you take a picture of the digitizer?
Ive been wondering if they use the same supplier as in the previous generations (the ''serial'' starts with NB and then random numbers) but none of the disassemblies online show the digitizer.
Well...if you can be bothered ofc!

have a good one

DrunkenMonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ahhyep it looks like that ribbon is bent in a couple of places and upon reseating it, it's tempermental at best...

So I'll be getting a replacement digitizer I guess

@fatsquirrel
I was sort of wondering the same thing but apparently after reading an ebay listing, it states:

Compatibility
New Nintendo 3DS-XL (New3DS-XL) / 3DS-LL (New3DS-LL) (2014-2016)
(*NOT for New3DS / 3DS-XL (2012) / 3DS-LL (2012))

But I honestly don't believe they would be different, since they're the same size and looking at the pictures of the "new 3ds XL" digitizer and the regular 3ds XL digitizer, they look identical.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
ahhyep it looks like that ribbon is bent in a couple of places and upon reseating it, it's tempermental at best...

So I'll be getting a replacement digitizer I guess

@fatsquirrel
I was sort of wondering the same thing but apparently after reading an ebay listing, it states:

Compatibility
New Nintendo 3DS-XL (New3DS-XL) / 3DS-LL (New3DS-LL) (2014-2016)
(*NOT for New3DS / 3DS-XL (2012) / 3DS-LL (2012))

But I honestly don't believe they would be different, since they're the same size and looking at the pictures of the "new 3ds XL" digitizer and the regular 3ds XL digitizer, they look identical.
It's the ribbon size that makes them different. The 3DS XL has a humongous motherboard, so naturally the wires and stuff have to reach.
The new XL has a very small L-shaped board, so the cord doesn't have to reach.

DrunkenMonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's the ribbon size that makes them different. The 3DS XL has a humongous motherboard, so naturally the wires and stuff have to reach.
The new XL has a very small L-shaped board, so the cord doesn't have to reach.

So theoretically you could use the regular 3ds XL digitizer anyway (maybe with a little difficulty?)

or is the ribbon itself actually thinner on the n3ds xl?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)