Help! N00B that needs a lot of help with GBA flashcarts.

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Dr Eggman, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Dr Eggman
    OP

Member Dr Eggman I am THE Eggman.

Canada
    Hello Everyone,

As you may see this is my first post so a big hello to everyone here.

Ok, so i am thinking about getting a GBA flash cart to go with my DS. Thing is, i have no clue on where to start.

So, After doing some reading, I thought that the EZ Flash III would be my best bet. However, i am not sure if this is the right cart for what i need. What do you guys recommend?

I have an ORIGINAL DS. So i'd rather a DS/GBA cross compatible device.

It needs to have sufficient space, even if its NAND flash.

Also, I live in Canada and hardly shop off the internet (i've bought 1 item from Gamersection.ca and 1 from ebay) so if you could put a link to a reputable seller i'd really appreciate it.
    And, if its linked to GBAtemp (ie. i buy from them, they give you commission) I'd LOVE to support you guys! You're such a great site!.

Sorry for the post being so long. I guess it has to be. [​IMG]

2. Gman 101

Member Gman 101 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    How much money are you willing to spend... if you have a lot and want the best, I'd easily recommend (as well as everybody else on GBATemp) that you'd get an M3 Perfect Lite.

http://www.gameyeeeah.com/m3-perfect-lite-...pter-p-871.html

You can enter a code from GBATemp to get a discount (forgot what it was or how much).

3. tau

Newcomer tau Member

Australia
    It'd help if you read the post and saw he has an original DS, so the M3 Perfect Lite won't fit in it [​IMG]

4. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    perhaps the m3 mini sd? I personally use a slot1 flashcard m3ds simply...soon to be replaced by an acekard 2 or supercard3

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    m3 perfect lite works, you have to change the shell when you get it to a normal gba shell that comes with it.

it is 5% discount, if I remember right.

6. Dr Eggman
    OP

Canada
    Thanks for the replies.

Well, m3 perfect is kinda expensive and i only want it to play GBA games (i'm sure there must be something cheaper) as i already have a r4 for DS games. That is, i don't want to pay $70+ for something a $30 Flash cart can do.

Also, i'd rather something that it be compatible for an original DS, this way i don't need to change the case.

So, as of now i am thinking of ordering the EZ Flash IV, but if anyone could find a reputable seller that still has the EZ Flash III i would REALLY appreciate it.

7. Dr Eggman
    OP

Canada
    Hey guys, Update again.

Since i have an r4, i think i will buy the EZ Flash IV GBA sized expansion pack. I think this is the best choice, and i will use Rudolph's GBAExpLoader to load games.
    What do you guys think? I believe this is the best solution.