Hacking HELP! my wii won't play my legit discs PLEASE HELP!

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you own a legit disc which you mentioned you do you could use devolution which only requires you to verify your disc once and the compatibility is better then DM & can also be installed alongside DM for better compatibility. This is accomplish what you want backup loading but like I mentioned you will have to verify the disc once then your good to go with usb loading.

it's called sysCheck.csv - info can be found in modmii under SU from main menu.

Devolution thread if you haven't checked it out or direct download it from my sig.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you own a legit disc which you mentioned you do you could use devolution which only requires you to verify your disc once and the compatibility is better then DM & can also be installed alongside DM for better compatibility. This is accomplish what you want backup loading but like I mentioned you will have to verify the disc once then your good to go with usb loading.

it's called sysCheck.csv - info can be found in modmii under SU from main menu.

Thanks, but I really would prefer through the disc channel.

Anyway, these are the 4 files it gave me:
oL3A4.jpg

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did it say anything was outdated? those aren't really needed or necessary to play games. Still at least you know your updated :) So noone else can tell you to update again.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know. I wasen't really paying attention to modmii when it did it's thing. I'm gonna upload a video soon speaking about my problem. Will update my post once it's uploaded.

Sorry for my stupid 12 year old voice. May wanna turn the volume down a little.

UPDATE: let the wind waker game play for about...2-5 minutes after the video was made? disc read errored out of me

I'm honestly starting to think my wii just hates first party nintendo titles.

Reactions: Yumi

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you copy the contents of the system check file here we can look over it to see if we notice anything strange, just put it in spoiler tags:
Code:
[spoiler] !!!PASTE SYSCHECK IN HERE!!! [/spoiler]

Edit: Watching the video, and seeing your descriptions, the problem seams kinda random. Your Wii's disk drive might just be starting to go out on you.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sysCheck v2.1.0b13 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)

Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 35994348
Boot2 v4
Found 125 titles.
Found 47 IOS on this console. 7 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
IOS15 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): Trucha Bug
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug
IOS22 (rev 1294): Trucha Bug
IOS28 (rev 1807): Trucha Bug
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
IOS33 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
IOS34 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
IOS35 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug
IOS36 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug
IOS38 (rev 4124): Trucha Bug
IOS41 (rev 3348): Trucha Bug
IOS50 (rev 5120): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug
IOS55 (rev 5663): Trucha Bug
IOS56 (rev 5662): Trucha Bug
IOS57 (rev 5919): Trucha Bug
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5661): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS70 (rev 6912): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug
IOS202[60] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535 Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS245[37] (rev 21007 Info: d2x-v7alpha5): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS246[38] (rev 21007 Info: d2x-v7alpha5): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS247[53] (rev 21007 Info: d2x-v7alpha5): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS248[55] (rev 21007 Info: d2x-v7alpha5): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21007 Info: d2x-v7alpha5): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535 Info: rev 20): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 21007 Info: d2x-v7alpha5): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2012/11/05.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you copy the contents of the system check file here we can look over it to see if we notice anything strange, just put it in spoiler tags:
Code:
[spoiler] !!!PASTE SYSCHECK IN HERE!!! [/spoiler]

Edit: Watching the video, and seeing your descriptions, the problem seams kinda random. Your Wii's disk drive might just be starting to go out on you.

egh. I do hear a sort of grinding noise. Kinda light though, and might be just how the wii sounds. Pretty sure wii discs work absolutely fine. Would appreciate if you guys checked my system anyway.

Is it possible my wii's drive is dirty? any good tutorials on how clean it?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Other then all the patched IOSes, your system looks fine (and it is fine to have patched IOSes, it wont affect GC games, it is just unecessary). And the fact that it sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't, without you changing anything, really points to a hardware problem more then software. But you might want to wait for a second opinion, I don't know everything after all.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Other then all the patched IOSes, your system looks fine (and it is fine to have patched IOSes, it wont affect GC games, it is just unecessary). And the fact that it sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't, without you changing anything, really points to a hardware problem more then software. But you might want to wait for a second opinion, I don't know everything after all.

Thanks. But yeah, it be nice if maybe there was a tutoiral floating around to remove dust from the drive.

I should mention like 3 days before this happened. everything was fine, I was playing MGS: twin snakes, without problems at all...

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
egh. I do hear a sort of grinding noise.

thats not good.........
given the above, and that your syscheck didnt throw up anything outrageous, AND that you have clean MIOS & BC installed, AND given the randomness of your read error - I'm gonna agree with person66 and say your drive is going :(

PS while you're still getting disc reads, it might be a good idea to install Devolution and get those 'rare GCN discs' verified for future use as the drive will only get worse :)

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
verified?
And I must ask, is there ANY WAY I can just "nuke" my wii? like make it factory virgin, fake IOS's homebrew, ALL gone. It's fakely signed as 4.3 right now. I JUST want to try this one last thing. But not sure what I can do.

also, will devolution allow me to play my gamecube gamess off USB?

I am also getting very annoyed by cleanrip. I got the file, and I put it on the apps folder. nothing, root. nothing.

It's just two dols I think...I put it in it's own folder and it still refuses to appear...

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
as far as it appearing in the home brew channel,
- can't tell if you already seem to have the "in some folder inside the apps folder" right. Make sure it's named "boot.dol" as well. It should look something like this :
/apps/clearnip/boot.dol
- If there's two DOL's it might be a GameCube one and a Wii one. Try naming each one to "boot.dol" and testing it to see which one's right.
- Also, you might have to tell the homebrew channel where to look. It can be set to look for stuff on USB or the SD card so I think it's either the (1) or (2) button you have to push and a window pops up asking where to look for apps.
- "verifying" just means that Devolution quickly "installs" or "accepts" the ISO you ripped of the game the FIRST TIME you play it (just once) by making sure you have a retail disk to put in the drive and show it. Any time you want to play after that it will just play straight from the USB drive. Just don't take the ISO off or that drive or format it or anything or you will have to verify it again when you put it back.
- Devolution doesn't touch the MIOS or BC in any way so there should be no problem if you later ALSO wanted to install DIOS-MIOS or something else.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys. Just talked to nintendo. they said they would fix it for free. I have a question though, how do i COMPLETELY make my wii a virgin? I can't have homebrew obviously. And I need to make sure any custom IOS'S CIOS,MIOS, dumped NAND, ect, is ALL gone. I'm a little scared they will see it... Is there any really REALLY deep tickets or info I should be notified about making sure that's fixed?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, BIG PROBLEM PLEASE HELP. I removed my custom system menu, and I think it caused my wii to brick. I can acess the homebrew channel, but not my wii system menu. And my wii will not sync any of my !@#$% remotes.

I tried using NUS downloader to get the system menu. But it isn't working!

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEBODY give me 4.2 U. modmii and NUS downloader aren't giving it to me!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you can still use the homebrew channel, it's probably best to use Modmii again to download all necessary files for an update to 4.3 or reinstall 4.2 and use the gamecube controller to navigate the homebrew channel. This is probably fixable as long as you don't mess up the homebrew channel. You COULD also try recovering from a NAND backup, but it's usually better to use that as a last resort.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hey guys. Just talked to nintendo. they said they would fix it for free. I have a question though, how do i COMPLETELY make my wii a virgin? I can't have homebrew obviously. And I need to make sure any custom IOS'S CIOS,MIOS, dumped NAND, ect, is ALL gone. I'm a little scared they will see it... Is there any really REALLY deep tickets or info I should be notified about making sure that's fixed?
That might be a problem,
and generally it's not recommended because if you do something wrong you could brick it.
It's really hard to hide some things from Nintendo.
The programs you use to do that can also cause bricks if you use them wrong.

Basically, you'd have to

- If you EVER had PriiLoader installed you need to uninstall it and there's an evidence eraser app you'd need to run.
- If you had BootMii as Boot2 you'd need to install the latest version over it.
- Use AnyTitle Deleter or the UN-install function on a WAD manager (NOT the memory manager in the System Menu) to delete
* all IOS above 200
* and all channels that you've personally installed from a WAD or a homebrew app (including the HBC ... SAVE THIS FOR LAST)
- (If there's anything you've previously uninstalled with the System Menu you'd need to remove the evidence it leaves behind for those with AnyTitle Deleter.)
Reinstall a clean copy for all your IOS to the latest version including the stubs (with something like DOP-Mii, perhaps.) and this includes the stubs over 200 as well.

Even with all that, I can't be sure Nintendo still wouldn't be able to tell.
again, IF YOU REMOVE ANYTHING YOU SHOULDN'T IT COULD BRICK YOUR WII, so you've been warned. :(

I would also anonymously ask Nintendo if "for some reason" (Don't say anything specific) the warranty ended up being void, if they would still send it back to you. Just to make sure.
You could say something like "I don't remember ever having dropped it or spilled anything on it or anything but just in case you determine the warranty's void, I DO get my Wii back, right?"

Once again, usually this is risky and not recommended but that's basically what I'd expect you'd need to do for it to look like it hadn't been tampered with.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
ok, BIG PROBLEM PLEASE HELP. I removed my custom system menu, and I think it caused my wii to brick. I can acess the homebrew channel, but not my wii system menu. And my wii will not sync any of my !@#$% remotes.

I tried using NUS downloader to get the system menu. But it isn't working!

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEBODY give me 4.2 U. modmii and NUS downloader aren't giving it to me!
DOP-Mii can also install a system menu. Be careful what else you change with it, though.

EDIT : Nintendo's server's might just be down for repairs, too. You can always wait and try ModMii later.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DOP-Mii can also install a system menu. Be careful what else you change with it, though.

EDIT : Nintendo's server's might just be down for repairs, too. You can always wait and try ModMii later.

MMM won't let me uninstall 4.3 and the 4.3 theme. It says it's doing it for it's safety. But I put a 4.3 from modmii. It simply is not allowing me to do anything!

can somebody possibly try for me and see if they can get the files or not?

dop mii says that system menu 4.2 is NOT supported by my region. But it's the US one. I have a american wii...

And it would not give me the files from NUS...I am at a loss....what do I do? :(

Ok I read wrong. It says I need IOS70 v6687 But it won't give it to me :( it won't give me the required system menu I need until I get IOS70 and it won't give me it...

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
MMM won't let me uninstall 4.3 and the 4.3 theme. It says it's doing it for it's safety. But I put a 4.3 from modmii. It simply is not allowing me to do anything!

can somebody possibly try for me and see if they can get the files or not?
It seems to be working for me. It's still in process but it seems to be working.
Code:
Downloading 1 of 1: System Menu 4.3U

If you encounter long periods of inactivity, type "C" while holding "Ctrl",
    then type "N", then "Enter" (ie. Ctrl+C =► N =► Enter)

NUS Downloader Command Line v0.2 by wiiNinja. Original GUI code by WB3000
Starting NUS Download. Please be patient!
TitleVersion is specified. Retrieving version 513
Grabbing tmd.513...
Grabbing cetk...
NUS TMD Downloaded - 2600 bytes
Content #: 9
Grabbing 00000096...
Grabbing 00000097...
Grabbing 00000009...
Grabbing 0000000a...
Grabbing 0000000b...
Grabbing 0000000c...
Grabbing 00000059...
Grabbing 0000005a...
Grabbing 00000098...
(I just got the 4.3U from download page 1)

EDIT : Yup, worked fine for me.
Have the WAD in the COPY_TO_SD folder.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems to be working for me. It's still in process but it seems to be working.
Code:
Downloading 1 of 1: System Menu 4.3U

If you encounter long periods of inactivity, type "C" while holding "Ctrl",
    then type "N", then "Enter" (ie. Ctrl+C =► N =► Enter)

NUS Downloader Command Line v0.2 by wiiNinja. Original GUI code by WB3000
Starting NUS Download. Please be patient!
TitleVersion is specified. Retrieving version 513
Grabbing tmd.513...
Grabbing cetk...
NUS TMD Downloaded - 2600 bytes
Content #: 9
Grabbing 00000096...
Grabbing 00000097...
Grabbing 00000009...
Grabbing 0000000a...
Grabbing 0000000b...
Grabbing 0000000c...
Grabbing 00000059...
Grabbing 0000005a...
Grabbing 00000098...
(I just got the 4.3U from download page 1)

EDIT : Yup, worked fine for me.
Have the WAD in the COPY_TO_SD folder.

"cop to sd_folder_

huh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr