TheSockNaster

Kawaii
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was using Pimp my Wii to install a wad that was safe to install for the vWii, but then Pimp my Wii was doing tests and it installed something to do with ios 36 to my vWii. I have the NAND and the keys so can someone please guide me from there? (when I press A to start it comes with black screen.)

JVC2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you cant access vWii in any way?
I believe if you cant then might as well do a format so it can restore back to normal.

Anyone with better info please correct me if im wrong.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you can't access vWii system menu, there's nothing you can do, sorry :(

You can't even restore NAND using a software method as you would require HBC to launch it.

You could hope for nintendo to release an update of IOS36, but PimpMyWii has probably maxed out the version number to prevent nintendo from replacing it...

There's even worse, WiiU mode might refuse to update if you have corrupted vWii files.
You are probably stuck on this semi-brick WiiU version now.

The only solution is hardware mod to restore your NAND dump.

D

Deleted User

I cannot do anything it is bricked.

Never mind - just saw edited OP.

You're very likely hard bricked then. I don't think many people have hard-modded to flash the NAND back yet and we don't have any permissions on the WiiU side to attempt anything.

Sorry. :(

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People might understand that they shouldn't use BrickMyWii on vWii.
Sorry but Pimp My Wii don't brick Wii/vWii the problem is the user, yes, the app itself could give more warnings before doing something risky, but I've always used it and i install some WADS using it (WiimotionPlus Compatible) so after some time I can say that the problem with this App is the Users that doesn't know what are they doing with it

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry but Pimp My Wii don't brick Wii/vWii the problem is the user, yes, the app itself could give more warnings before doing something risky, but I've always used it and i install some WADS using it (WiimotionPlus Compatible) so after some time I can say that the problem with this App is the Users that doesn't know what are they doing with it

Not the program in itself, I agree with you. But still, ratio of badness with Brick is worse than all other softmod homebrew combined.
Myself I used it for installing WAD on my WiiU since my wiimote plus doesn't work with wad manager 1.7 :lol:

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are you on the latest firmware? If not, the best you can do it update and hope that fixes the problem.

D

Deleted User

There's no reason to use PimpMyWii on WiiU.

Anything you need done on WiiU can be handled by D2X. (maybe Patch IOS80 if you really care about WiiWare on SD)

TheSockNaster

Kawaii
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't access vWii system menu, there's nothing you can do, sorry :(

You can't even restore NAND using a software method as you would require HBC to launch it.

You could hope for nintendo to release an update of IOS36, but PimpMyWii has probably maxed out the version number to prevent nintendo from replacing it...

There's even worse, WiiU mode might refuse to update if you have corrupted vWii files.
You are probably stuck on this semi-brick WiiU version now.

The only solution is hardware mod to restore your NAND dump.

My wii u updated fine when i updated it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain