Help my R4 (crappy deluxe version) keeps freezing.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by deatharch, Nov 1, 2008.

1. deatharch
    OP

deatharch Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2008
    United States
    Ever since I added a usrcheat.dat file onto it it won't go past he "loading" screen. I tried reinstalling the firmware (1.2) but to no avail. Any suggestions that might help me?

2. pilotwangs

pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2008
    Try removing the usrcheat.dat file and then boot it up again to see if it works,then download usrcheat.dat again.

I don't use cheat files so I can't really help.

3. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    If there's a _DS_MENU.SYS file on the memory card, delete it. (it's not a vital file; a new one wil be generated automatically)

4. deatharch
    OP

deatharch Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2008
    United States
    I tried that and removed all files except .nds and .sav files (and reinstalling it) but it didn't work

5. InuYasha

InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    Not sure why you bought a clone(maybe it wasn't on purpose) but if you can return it I would,also what kind of computer are you using?

6. deatharch
    OP

deatharch Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2008
    United States
    Um I'm using a crappy windows computer (Pentium III and low RAM) but I don't think that matters the computer can read the SD card fine. I then deleted the ROMS and the SAVs in case they were corrupted and it didn't work.

7. deatharch
    OP

deatharch Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2008
    United States
    I f-ing hate clones. Their firmwares sucks serious ass. I reupdated the firmware to original R4 and used the old R4 and my games worked screw this I'm getting an acekard 2.

8. pokeboy100

pokeboy100 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2008
    United States
    New York City
    I suggest never get a clone.

9. InuYasha

Dec 8, 2007
    United States

It may or may not matter,when I first got my R4 (back in late Nov. of 07) I had constant freezes when starting up the firmware,later perhaps by luck I figured out my problem....as weird as it seems my firmware would freeze up if I tried to transfer it to micro sd card when it had another usb plugged in my system while my micro sd card was in......

10. CorruptedAngel

CorruptedAngel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2008
    Yorkshire

ooooooo hell if that happended to me i would be a bit stuffed, i have like, 8 usb ports on my back plate and there all filled.... wait how did you control the mouse/keyboard, most models are usb?!? so you unplug your mouse to put the files on.... but then you cant put the files on cause you dont have a mouse?!? lol

11. spleenandpie

spleenandpie GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2008
    Canada
    Halifax,Nova Scotia
    remove dis message i jusr wrote

12. InuYasha

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    Keyboard is the old plug in style to the system,and I have 2 mouses (one reg. that plugs into the back of the system,and my (favorite mouse) which is Usb and is one of those laser mouses [​IMG]